Mousasi - never a scratch?

oh my god, here we go with Shogun/Mousasi nuthuggary. I want this kid to get a fight in the UFC, so we can get a real measurement of his skills.

lol what a tool you are

the only fights I see him as an underdog are Jones, Machida and Evans

Last edited:
mousasi needs to work on his TDD and he will murder the competition at 205.

not only he hasn't been marked up, he hasn't been hit clean with a good shot.

Mousasi's standup defense is one of the best pound for pound.

According to Fightmetric, he absorbs 1.07 significant strike /min, and has 70% of significant strike defense (sig. strikes that the opponent do not land)
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fighters/details/786#

To compare with Phil Davis (P4P best defense), Phil has 0.94 Strikes absorbed/min, and 71% of sig. strike defense.

Machida has 1.41/min - 62%

Shogun (who gets hit a lot) has 2.34/min - 52%

mousasi needs to work on his TDD and he will murder the competition at 205.

He works on it plenty I am sure.

He just does not have the genetic structure, right kind of balance, or athleticism for that take down defense.

How'd he get that nasty gash of a scar under his right eye?

I think he's legit and look forward to seeing what he can do in the UFC. I think the UFC will test him early against a good wrestler.

We should also dispel the notion that he is lazy. He has fought 5+ times in multiple years and not part of a tourney. We have fighters in the UFC who manage to fight only twice a year.

he's only gone more than 2 rounds 4 times in his life. Majority of his fights are finished in the first round. He's a finisher and it shows.

He is the one always imposing his will, even on bottom.

his v Hendo would be very interesting. i think Mousasi gets him down and Shields' him (get a wrestler on his back).

I don't see Mousasi going for the takedown on Dan. I think he stands and trys to exploit Dan's effective, but very predictable standup attack. And if he does go for the takedown, I don't see him getting it.

Mousasi does the one thing that all great strikers of mma do(there aren't too many of them)...and that's creating space/distance while he fights..In a possible fight with henderson,I really don t think he LL go for td..LoL.He s too technical and his chin offsets Dan's right hand which is his only weapon(standing).

"Line up three other guys, make like a circus seal." An entire thread about sucking off Mousasi. How original.

I'm kidding. Actually I hope the UFC gets him a few fights soon. I want to see him fighting Weidman, Bisping, Belfort or Rua, Machida, Henderson instead of Kyle, St. Preux, Jardine.

Last edited:
at the last strikeforce his head movement was unbelievable...i think he got hit once with ajab the whole time standing!!!

same thing I was thinking. I can't wait to see him in the UFC. as long as he stays away from rashad he can a title contender.

What, 38 MMA fights outside the UFC, only losing 3 times and yet he somehow needs to be in the UFC to be able to get a "real measure" his skills!? You've downed too much koolaid man...

Hint: there are world class fighters outside the UFC. Your comment makes it sound like that anyone outside the UFC is a "nobody"

Not saying he's going to come in and win the title, but any experienced MMA fan should be able to see that he's easily "UFC-caliber".

What world class fighters are outside of the UFC? At 185/205?

Better question: Which world class fighters has Mousasi beaten?

I'll wait.

the only guy I don t want to see Gegard fighting right off the bat is Machida...Mousasi has never faced a southpaw on his level and I'd rather see that fight later on..

Improved TDD would require a change in striking style, his defense (the thing he's being praised for in this thread) would no longer be as much of a strength as it currently is.

yes i know :(. To be honest i just don't see him hanging in the UFC with good caliber wrestlers, he would get outclassed at least by Jones and Evans. Well and now Sonnen aswell.

Back