Mousasi - never a scratch?

My2Cents

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have watched most of his fights and I have never seen him with a beat up face...... And that with 38 MMA fights under his belt.

Why is this? Head movement? Footwork? Other?

Discuss!

He has outstanding defense on the feet and on the ground (ex: King Mo is a vicious GnPer yet he couldn't do squat in Gegard's guard) thanks to his refined techniques and instincts

He's just that good on the feet. Even in his K-1 fights he took pretty much zero damage.

He's got some good standup defense for sure.

I like how he doesn't waste alot of energy moving around. Doesnt really look impressive, but his standup is nasty.

at the last strikeforce his head movement was unbelievable...i think he got hit once with ajab the whole time standing!!!

His head movement from boxing experience is superb. Even when he gets hit, he slips punches.

He reminds me of a young Shogun. If he can ever get a fire lit under his ass he could beat anyone standing. But for some reason every couple fights it looks like he doesn't even care to be in the ring.

He reminds me of a young Shogun. If he can ever get a fire lit under his ass he could beat anyone standing. But for some reason every couple fights it looks like he doesn't even care to be in the ring.

oh my god, here we go with Shogun/Mousasi nuthuggary. I want this kid to get a fight in the UFC, so we can get a real measurement of his skills.

I have watched most of his fights and I have never seen him with a beat up face...... And that with 38 MMA fights under his belt.

Why is this? Head movement? Footwork? Other?

Discuss!

Dont worry man ...he's coming to the UFC. He's gonna be "TOUCHED" good bro...you will see ;]

Dont worry man ...he's coming to the UFC. He's gonna be "TOUCHED" good bro...you will see ;]

by Jones, ya.

by Rashad, he'll get taken down and touched.

his v Hendo would be very interesting. i think Mousasi gets him down and Shields' him (get a wrestler on his back).

Machida of course would be a match for the heavens.

that's about it. he'd get touched by Jones & Rashad.

Gustaffson would be very interesting as well.

He's got some of the most technically sound standup in mma. I think he's gonna be a monster in the UFC if (big if) he stays hungry and motivated.

He's got some of the most technically sound standup in mma. I think he's gonna be a monster in the UFC if (big if) he stays hungry and motivated.

hungry and motivated isn't exactly the issue, although he's so methodical some people mistake it for "lazy" or "uninterested".

it's just simply a good ol fashioned...is his wrestling and tdd good enough to withstand the likes of Rashad.

a guy like Pettis can beat the champ and then get LnP'd by Clay Guida....it happens. that's why the sport is so dynamic: the individual matchups.

hopefully he spent his year off thinking about this issue.

Mousas would annhilate 95% of the lhw's. His poison in a cage is going to be fast athletic guys who wrestle like shad and Davis.

oh my god, here we go with Shogun/Mousasi nuthuggary. I want this kid to get a fight in the UFC, so we can get a real measurement of his skills.

He TKOed Kiotaro who was a K1 HW champ, hows that for measurement.

Mousas would annhilate 95% of the lhw's. His poison in a cage is going to be fast athletic guys who wrestle like shad and Davis.

Since when Davis is fast? He is a grinder like Fitch and Shields. Don't be fooled by his physique.

hungry and motivated isn't exactly the issue, although he's so methodical some people mistake it for "lazy" or "uninterested".

it's just simply a good ol fashioned...is his wrestling and tdd good enough to withstand the likes of Rashad.

a guy like Pettis can beat the champ and then get LnP'd by Clay Guida....it happens. that's why the sport is so dynamic: the individual matchups.

hopefully he spent his year off thinking about this issue.

He's said himself in the lead up to the Kyle fight and in the post fight that he really hadn't taken his career seriously and put himself through a proper camp with training partners who will push him. The real scary part about him is that he has over 30 professional wins essentially on talent alone.

agreed.

but the haters have already decided that if he loses to Jones it "proves" he "was never all that". i mean for fucksake.

he may be top 5, and that will be incredible. then again he may *only* be top 10, and that will be incredible.

He's said himself in the lead up to the Kyle fight and in the post fight that he really hadn't taken his career seriously and put himself through a proper camp with training partners who will push him. The real scary part about him is that he has over 30 professional wins essentially on talent alone.

good point. cheers.

Back