Mousasi-Munoz untelevised in US?

joejoedawhale

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Is this right? UFC decided to air Miocic-Maldonado (a meaningless fight IMO) over Mousasi-Munoz? Guess I'm going out tonight.

It's not a meaningless fight for Maldonado! He wins, instant fringe top 10 HW status.

It's on fight pass and always has been.

It's almost like one is scheduled to happen during prime time US television hours and one isn't.

And that wasn't the original main event. I suppose they could screw over their television contracts and German/Brazilian crowds though and switch things around last minute. That would make complete sense, I agree TS.

Stipe fight is much more important. Munoz never beaten any top guys and Mousasi is 1-1 in UFC. Stipe is one of the best

JDS vs. Miocic was the original televised main event.

lol Maldonado beating a larger Miocic on short notice would be huge, hardly a meaningless fight.

Neither card is great, but I think the Fabio/Stipe fight is going to be a hell of a lot more fun then the Munoz/Sasi fight! I'm glad it's this way tbh.

Agree, rather watch Mousasi Munoz any day, UFC's lame nowadays but hey what can you gonna do if you don't want to pay for the fight pass.

We got both on here in aus on cable . Moose v Munoz I'm watching right now then The Brazil card starts in 2 hours . They should leave the cards on tv in USA IMO aswell fight pass should be for people to watch previous fight cards etc I think

Ok, thanks everyone. Gotta love the UFC strategy of targeting the younger generation that will mostly tire of MMA in a year or two, at the expense of alienating older fans who have been watching since the 90's. Sorry Dana, but if I can't watch it from the bar or my couch, then I'm not watching it. My "watch every minute of every fight" mentality died years ago, and I'm not chasing down fights online.

Ok, thanks everyone. Gotta love the UFC strategy of targeting the younger generation that will mostly tire of MMA in a year or two, at the expense of alienating older fans who have been watching since the 90's. Sorry Dana, but if I can't watch it from the bar or my couch, then I'm not watching it. My "watch every minute of every fight" mentality died years ago, and I'm not chasing down fights online.

It was made so local events around the world can be primetime.

It's not a meaningless fight for Maldonado! He wins, instant fringe top 10 HW status.

lol Maldonado beating a larger Miocic on short notice would be huge, hardly a meaningless fight.

Daniel_Cormier_vs._Pat_Cummins_2.gif

I bet he could have called up Fox and got them to air 12 hours of live UFC all day and gotten Fox to pay or it.

TV contracts, how do they work?

I'd much rather watch Mousasi than Stipe, JDS, Fabio.

Back