Mousasi just lost my respect - Accusing Lyoto of using steroids is ridiculous

"Everyone in the UFC is on roids."

- Nate Diaz

Mousasi has a way more diverse skill set. Losing to a fighter = / = being worse than them.

Is this based on anything other than your highly biased opinion? It's really hard to compare them. Machida has faced a murderer's row of top competition in his career. Mousasi has only fought a few elite fighters. It's even a stretch to call a smaller Lombard, early Jacare (when he was one-dimensional) or King Mo elite. Machida and the evolved UFC Jacare are probably the best guys he has fought. And how did that go for him?

Totally agree. Note that everyone Mousasi called out (Bisping, Vitor, Machida) is at least 6 years older than he is. I'm surprised he doesn't want a rematch with Hendo, too. Why not call out Jacare, Hall or Whittaker instead?

He has called for a rematch with Hall
He has said he'd like to avenge his loss to Jacare.
Vitor is ranked ahead of him
Machida beat him and is ranked ahead of him
Bisping is ranked ahead of him, and he was supposed to fight him.
He's not going to get a shot at the title, so he cant call out Rockhold.
Weidman is fighting for the title so he cant call him out.
Anderson is ranked ahead of him

Do you see a trend here? Kennedy is ahead of him but he apparently has no interest in fighting anyone other than Vitor, or Anderson. He probably jumps over Whittaker. He wants to fight the top of the division. He doesn't want to fight guys ranked below him. Not brain surgery.

Is this based on anything other than your highly biased opinion? It's really hard to compare them. Machida has faced a murderer's row of top competition in his career. Mousasi has only fought a few elite fighters. It's even a stretch to call a smaller Lombard, early Jacare (when he was one-dimensional) or King Mo elite. Machida and the evolved UFC Jacare are probably the best guys he has fought. And how did that go for him?
Let's just write off all of his good wins and then say he hasn't beat anybody. If we play that game with Machida then what? He beat Rashad and that's it. Jacare, OSP, Latifi, Hunt, Lombard, Manhoef vs. Tito, Rashad, a loss to Shogun that counted as a win, Bader, Dolloway? I'll take Gegard's wins.

edit: But again I was being biased, you're right. Machida beat Mousasi so that trumps anything Moose has done in a discussion on who is better.

Wouldn't he be banned around here for saying PED without any proof? Shame on you, Mousasi!

You know what, you're both right lol. I let my fandom blind me there for a minute and I gotta take a step back. I do personally think Gegard wins maybe 6/10 against Machida but Machida beat him soundly and deserves credit for that. So as it stands yeah Machida is better.
I know how you feel dude, it hasn't been easy being a Machida fan recently with quite a few people shitting on him in his old age so I may have been a little sensitive. Props for being honest and to be honest i'd probably favour Gegard if they were to fight again based on their recent performances. All we have to make a judgement right now is the past, though.

How do you know better than Mousasi? Maybe he knows something you don't.

Also Machidas buddys Anderson and Wanderlei got popped.

Let's just write off all of his good wins and then say he hasn't beat anybody. If we play that game with Machida then what? He beat Rashad and that's it. Jacare, OSP, Latifi, Hunt, Lombard, Manhoef vs. Tito, Rashad, a loss to Shogun that counted as a win, Bader, Dolloway? I'll take Gegard's wins.

edit: But again I was being biased, you're right. Machida beat Mousasi so that trumps anything Moose has done in a discussion on who is better.

So you take Machida's win over Shogun away but don't mention his questionable loss to Rampage or robbery against Phil Davis? Two guys who, at the time Machida fought them, would almost surely beat Mousasi? Machida beat a prime Rashad and is still the only guy to finish him. Thiago Silva was a good fighter when Lyoto beat him, and Machida is the first and only UFC fighter to finish him. If we're going to count welterweights like Lombard, then Machida also beat BJ Penn. And again, beating a green Jacare in 2008 is totally different than beating him today.

It's also funny how Bader isn't a worthwhile win, while OSP (whom Bader beat) is. And Latifi? Are you serious? As for Hunt, he was in the middle of a huge losing streak that also included Sean "Elite" McCorkle. Looked like he wasn't even training for MMA at that time.

Of course, you can play these games with anyone, but if you had a modicum of objectivity, you'd realize how dumb it is.

I will just leave this here!:)

So you take Machida's win over Shogun away but don't mention his questionable loss to Rampage or robbery against Phil Davis? Two guys who, at the time Machida fought them, would almost surely beat Mousasi? Machida beat a prime Rashad and is still the only guy to finish him. Thiago Silva was a good fighter when Lyoto beat him, and Machida is the first and only UFC fighter to finish him. If we're going to count welterweights like Lombard, then Machida also beat BJ Penn. And again, beating a green Jacare in 2008 is totally different than beating him today.

It's also funny how Bader isn't a worthwhile win, while OSP (whom Bader beat) is. And Latifi? Are you serious? As for Hunt, he was in the middle of a huge losing streak that also included Sean "Elite" McCorkle. Looked like he wasn't even training for MMA at that time.

Of course, you can play these games with anyone, but if you had a modicum of objectivity, you'd realize how dumb it is.
How dumb what is? Playing these games? That's true that's why I said it was stupid to take away wins in the first place lol. I already said Machida beat Mousasi and thus it can't be argued that Moose is better in terms of career, etc. However, Moose and Machida fight who they fight and they look how they look in those fights. From the eye test, regardless of resume, I think Mousasi is a great fighter. Of course Machida is too. His resume is fine i was just proving my point about how you can attack wins and shred everything down to nothing if you want. I still like Moose's wins better than Machida's, but it's stupid to argue about that stuff. Moose finished Jacare tho. Doesn't matter what version of him that was, impressive stuff.

Mousasi is delusional and not even half the fighter Machida has been for his career.

Mousasi will always be a technically sound journeyman who has no interest tryin to prove he is the best.

He is just goin thru the motions goin to work, clocking in and out. Like the majority of people just keeping his head down and doin his thing.

He doesnt give a shit about the fans or rankings, and for sure has no interest in the belt.

frankly i could careless if they cut him.

but why would he do that? he had a visible gut against Rockhold at least in some of the photos

Because the 185lb diet left him weaker and more tired. Lyoto is 6'2" and he's average for a MW. He also used to walk around at 205lb when he fought at LHW even though his opponents were near 225lb in the cage.

He was able to maintain some of his strength by cutting from 200lbs to 185lb the week of the fight. Not that it helped since he got destroyed by Romero and Rockhold.

I dunno...I actually like Mousasi more after this fight/interview.

He spoke like he was a disciple of Diaz but I found it enjoyable.

If machida was on steroids I doubt he would be drinking any of his piss then

Mousasi is delusional and not even half the fighter Machida has been for his career.

frankly i could careless if they cut him.
Speaking of delusional.

Unfortunately for you, they wont be cutting him anytime soon.

Machida dominated Mousasi in the standup and made him look lost. Sorry gegard, that has nothing to do with grease or steroids, you just weren't as good as him.

It's okay. Mousasi is comin for that belt. I like his new personality, adds a bit of fire to his name.

I tell you what, Conor Mcgregor or the Diaz bros can make a comment like this and you fan girls would bow down.

Some of you dudes are salty af lol. "Oh Mousasi said that the fans don't pay the bills at home, so now I'm gonna weep and turn homosexual".

Gimmie a break.

Lyoto vs Moose argument is hilarious to me. I'm a huge Lyoto fan, he will always be my favorite fighter.

Why would I give a fuck who other people think is better?

Both are amazing martial artists, are you so insecure about your favorite fighter's legacy that you have to discredit other amazing fighters?

Back