Mousasi just lost my respect - Accusing Lyoto of using steroids is ridiculous

Totally agree. Note that everyone Mousasi called out (Bisping, Vitor, Machida) is at least 6 years older than he is. I'm surprised he doesn't want a rematch with Hendo, too. Why not call out Jacare, Hall or Whittaker instead?

Has Machida used PEDs? No one knows. Has Mousasi, who spent years with no testing in Pride and Dream, used PEDs? No one knows, but IMO the odds of him juicing are at least as high as Lyoto. Also, Machida and Mousasi were very respectful just before and after they fought. Why did Mousasi wait 2 years before starting a "Grease Gate 2 (+ PEDs)" accusation? Sour grapes indeed.

If he doesn't like the pay, there's always Bellator. He can beat old legendary guys and street fighters there, and pad his record once again.

This...hope people wake up a little, Mousasi has all the talent in the world but doesn't have the mentality to use it and has a personality similar to Rousey.

because the UFC pays him, not the fans

If not for fan pressure on the UFC not only would Conor Mcgregor not even be in the UFC, he would probably be only making 20/20 in Bellator.

Totally agree. Note that everyone Mousasi called out (Bisping, Vitor, Machida) is at least 6 years older than he is. I'm surprised he doesn't want a rematch with Hendo, too. Why not call out Jacare, Hall or Whittaker instead?

Has Machida used PEDs? No one knows. Has Mousasi, who spent years with no testing in Pride and Dream, used PEDs? No one knows, but IMO the odds of him juicing are at least as high as Lyoto. Also, Machida and Mousasi were very respectful just before and after they fought. Why did Mousasi wait 2 years before starting a "Grease Gate 2 (+ PEDs)" accusation? Sour grapes indeed.
You're an complete idiot aswell.. Do you really think hes picking older opponents on purpose??? Oh and btw he named hall aswell. Anyways if he wants to become champ hes gotta get through rockhold/weidman. Where is your common sense???

First off, that was a close fight, fight of the night technical war.Mousasi s first fight back at 185 and coming off back to back acl tears.After watching fight several times and hearing guys like Rockhold say certain things, i cant blame Gegard for coming out and for a change, being quite candid about their fight.Gegard hunted him down for 25 minutes as he outstruck him 66-37(i had machida winning 49-48).
In the fourth round, Mousasi completed a beautiful sweep from butterfly guard and said then thst Lyoto seemed xtra slippery-granted they were figjting for 3.5 rounds when that happened so they were sweaty.
It was very un mousasi like to make such accusations but if u look at some of the monsters at 185,I would be saying something.

Of all his fights--open weight and heavyweight kickboxing bouts included, he said that Jacare seemed stronger than anyone hes faced.I thought that was kind of odd.

because the UFC pays him, not the fans
That's true, but it's also a fact that garnering fan interest is what pushes your career forward. If no one wants to watch you, how will you ever make any progress? It's fine if he's okay with his current mid-tier situation and pleased with his contract, but if he's not, turning against fans doesn't seem to be the best idea.

whatever Machida was on, he needs more of it cause he keeps getting raped :p

Machida's weight against Munoz, Mousasi, Weidman = around 185lb because he dieted instead of cutting. This is why he looked so ripped.

Machida's weight against CB, Rockhold, and Romero = around 200lb because he cut weight instead of dieting. This is why he looked softer.

The amount of ignorance on display here is staggering.

You're an complete idiot aswell.. Do you really think hes picking older opponents on purpose??? Oh and btw he named hall aswell. Anyways if he wants to become champ hes gotta get through rockhold/weidman. Where is your common sense???

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Nothing like an ad hominem to prove your point. I'm still trying to figure out what an "aswell" is, though.

Machida has lost 3 of his last 4 fights. Whether he beats 45-year old Hendo or not is immaterial. Beating Lyoto at this point does almost nothing for Mousasi's resume. Then again, looking at all the cans Mousasi beat prior to the UFC, he may be just be interesting in stacking wins, regardless of their quality.

Lol'd at Machida being better and lol'd at declaring he lost your respect - I'm sure he's devastated.

Machida's weight against Munoz, Mousasi, Weidman = around 185lb because he dieted instead of cutting. This is why he looked so ripped.

Machida's weight against CB, Rockhold, and Romero = around 200lb because he cut weight instead of dieting. This is why he looked softer.

The amount of ignorance on display here is staggering.
but why would he do that? he had a visible gut against Rockhold at least in some of the photos

That's true, but it's also a fact that garnering fan interest is what pushes your career forward. If no one wants to watch you, how will you ever make any progress? It's fine if he's okay with his current mid-tier situation and pleased with his contract, but if he's not, turning against fans doesn't seem to be the best idea.

and still it seems like he is gaining fans right now lol

I like both fighters and I don't give a fu**. I undertand his frustration with the fans though. MMA fans are weird. I hope he will be able to put together a good run.

Machida looked like how a dedicated athlete would look after dieting down to a lower weightclass. Why isnt he worried about Jacare of King Mo?

I mean its possible that Lyoto was using shit, but I see no reason to single him out when all of the guys he lost to look like roiders.

Machida is a much better fighter than Gegard and has had a better career. I hope you have a good laugh to this one.
Being more/less diverse = / = being worse/better than
You know what, you're both right lol. I let my fandom blind me there for a minute and I gotta take a step back. I do personally think Gegard wins maybe 6/10 against Machida but Machida beat him soundly and deserves credit for that. So as it stands yeah Machida is better.

Moose will be champ. He has the skills to beat anyone when he's on.

Back