Mousasi Calls Out Weidman For Ducking

Mousasi has a better chance against his version of The Chris than before, well, USADA.

I think the IV thing (or something else) drastically changed the way Weidman trains and fights. I find him not as good as he was back then.

N1t0F.jpg

I think Chris gets by moose here. Wrestling and huge reach.

Moose isn't the one hitter quitter type so Weidman can decide when to flurry.

Nobody on sherdog uses the goddam search function.
People already pointed that out...you should have used the search function and you would have know that.

Everyone gets cracked in the head when it comes to fighting. A fighter is never healthy and that's what some will never understand.

Weidman won round one against the baddest man in the division. He lost the second and ran into a knee going for a TD that could have won him the fight. The Chris has no problems with anyone in the top ten besides Souza imo.

Yeah, but again, it was only last month - and it depends when Mousasi is looking to fight - I'd doubt Weidman is thinking of that; though I think he was saying something about moving up to LHW possibly for his next fight.

That KO was vicious and looked worse because of the blood spraying out - but after the initial knee, if you notice, Weidman's face connects with his own knee and Romero lands on top of his head as he's coming back down to Earth.

Yeah, but again, it was only last month - and it depends when Mousasi is looking to fight - I'd doubt Weidman is thinking of that; though I think he was saying something about moving up to LHW possibly for his next fight.

That KO was vicious and looked worse because of the blood spraying out - but after the initial knee, if you notice, Weidman's face connects with his own knee and Romero lands on top of his head as he's coming back down to Earth.
It was a brutal shot nevertheless but It's apart of fighting. Weidman is still one of the best at 185 and don't forget he won round one against Yoel.

It sounds like Moose wants to fight now so I doubt the match up happens right now. Plus Weidman at 205 would be interesting.

When the Moose becomes the hunter, be scared.

it's an obvious fight to make. my guess is Weidman wants an easier opponent after losing to two top 5ers in a row. maybe Leites. and for the record, i don't consider that ducking; i consider it smart fight management.

otoh, it's a smart callout for Gegard. Weidman is probably the best matchup of anyone ranked above him (other than Bisping of course).

i still go with Weidman but it's a great bout. i hope it gets made.

Last edited:
It was a brutal shot nevertheless but It's apart of fighting. Weidman is still one of the best at 185 and don't forget he won round one against Yoel.

It sounds like Moose wants to fight now so I doubt the match up happens right now. Plus Weidman at 205 would be interesting.

Indeed. I just think given his last two fights, he took some bad knocks to the head. And MRI's and CAT scans don't pick up the symptoms of CTE. I think he needs to chill and not even think about fighting.

As for when he does get back, he's sort of in an Anthony Pettis type situation. I don't think they'd cut him if he lost at MW again and he'd be welcomed at LHW which is a bit of a thin division.

Everyone gets cracked in the head when it comes to fighting. A fighter is never healthy and that's what some will never understand.

Weidman won round one against the baddest man in the division. He lost the second and ran into a knee going for a TD that could have won him the fight. The Chris has no problems with anyone in the top ten besides Souza imo.
Agree

Back