Mounting

I like the side mount far more when I'm rolling. As for MMA, I am yet to have competed in it, but I would rather get this posistion as I would rain down bombs on my opponent.

Side mount owns for BJJ though.

if you're weak in a certain position practice it. practice the mount. make your game more well rounded.

you rather be in side control because you lack technique on the mount. you feel more "comfotable " becaue thats the focus of your game. i always take the mount, its the best position to have, just work on it , stay busy , dont give the guy on the bottom time to think of what to do. once i get teh mount i never give it up.

I've had two pieces advice which have helped me that I got from here. On the mount, just focus on balance & superbeast wrote somewhere, when your going for a sub, be explosive. I think what he means is don't do a step by step attack where you grab an arm, twist your body, put pressure on their chest & then swing the leg around. Just go for it.

I never get a full mount on anybody so I don't know. IMO the sidemount is better.

some of the keys to keeping mount are learning the switch to double attack position (takes away the elbow knee and bump and roll).
also distributing your balance so that if he is forcing you in a direction...you can compensate your weight over to negate his move.

One trick I love to do is to get mount and put my right hand on his right collar...(he will try to trap it with his right hand and put his left hand on your tricept and then trap the foot to bump and roll)
so when he grabs it with his right hand I push his right arm across his body and pin it.
now his right arm is pinned accross his own body and I switch to double attack and you have armbar or collar choke depending on situation.

when you work on this kinda stuff...you see other subs/positioning and you will gain confidence...

dont keep as much weight on the opponent , control the arms jack them up when the turn I keep my toes pointing outwards

If you prefer to attack the arms, the mount is probably the best position for you as it gives you easy access to both of your opponent's arms. The mount is also best if you have a solid guard game, as the flow between the positions is natural and many of the submissions are the same.

The side mount is best if you have a leglock arsenal. It is almost impossible to leglock your opponent from the mount. The side mount opens up both of your opponent's legs to attack. Also, side mount is more mobile and difficult to reverse.

I consider myself pretty strong in the mount, and I always try to control the head of my opponent with one hand, so he can use it when he tries to bridge. And if I can I'll start to move to japanese mount. Puts tremendous amount of pressure on their chest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back