Mounted gogo > normal gogo

RetiredWisFighter

Amateur Fighter
@red
Reaction score
It's easier to do and harder to escape IMO. That is all

For those wondering yes I did hit my first mounted gogo last night

Well in MMA, there really isnt a reason to use a gogo if your in mount, your in such a dominant position, why try a sub to lose it.

It is harder to escape though because you got the guy on the bottom instead of on top.

I'm still waiting to hit an Elvis gogo, mine are of the Diaz/Aoki variety.

I hit one in training last week too - mine was sort of ghetto though, I couldn't get my other foot behind the neck so I just kind of sprawled my leg out to keep balance, still got the tap though :D

I hit one in training last week too - mine was sort of ghetto though, I couldn't get my other foot behind the neck so I just kind of sprawled my leg out to keep balance, still got the tap though :D

Yeah mine was like that also. I just pulled up on his head.

I'm still waiting to hit an Elvis gogo, mine are of the Diaz/Aoki variety.

What's an Elvis gogo? Is that when you go for an omoplata then grab your big toe for the choke? If so I've done that.

Dude, you don't need the foot behind the neck to finish. You can just use the one that would normally go on the back of the neck to push up on your heel while holding his arm that can grab your choke foot. Use your other free arm to hold your toes... Eddie Bravo style. Locoplata. good job on getting it without the second foot though.

I just thought of something crazy... what if you had both legs in under the neck on a gogoplata? that'd be waaaayyyy hard to do, but sick.

What's an Elvis gogo? Is that when you go for an omoplata then grab your big toe for the choke? If so I've done that.

That's the only way i've been able to pull it off while rolling. And against incompetent people (JJJ guys).

Back