Mountain vs Larratt

It gets worse, boys...this is Devon's "boxing" trainer and cornerman:

Looks like Dominick Reyes with Luke Rockhold's chin and defense.

^^^^So this guy is fighting the big giant guy from GOT? Is that it? I've never seen GOT but I know who the mountain is and saw a fight ("fight") of his, previously.

He's boxing against an arm-wrestler? Is that right?

Is it over? What happened? Happening now?

There is a point where strength beats technique.

Considering Thor has both + reach, age etc it's a total mismatch

People wanking on Devon's special forces past and in for a rude awakening.
His " sparring vid " looked aboslutely awful.

They should prey this match is a semi-work/arranged fight that turns into a glorified sparring or Devon could be in big trouble...

Thor?

Even if they carried him, an intermediate-beginner with size/reach/power/speed will beat an older/smaller/weaker/slower that is a beginner-beginner an day of the week. Sure, Thor sucks, but as Primo demonstrated nearly 100 years ago: size matters.

Weight classes are for a reason, and there also a reason why not so long ago you couldn't turn pro in boxing in many countries if you hadn't fought by a certain age ( before 28 ) in most...

46 years old who can't straighten his arms...
And Thor most likely will have a good chin just due to the fact that he is so oversized/heavy

They should’ve hid this footage.

These are my two cents, but Laratt just doesn’t look well. I don’t just mean performance wise, I mean he genuinely doesn’t look healthy. He’s old, he’s overweight, he’s out of shape and I think he’s on a level of gear that his body doesn’t know how to adjust to. Thor has been gearing up his whole career and WSM requires you to push through full body extremes with regularity. You only need to look at Cleve Dean to know the two sports aren’t in the same category. Unless Devon turns out to be gifted and is trolling everyone, he’s going to get clinched and clubbed into submission.

Yeah they should never have released anything Thor can analyze/use unless it's a bait or the "fight" is a glorified sparring aka "semi fixed " fight.
If Thor really goes in trying to go for the KO Devon is gonna get squashed harder and faster than Rickson crushed cans back in the days.

I largely agree, tho I do think he looked 1000000000x better than Devon's sparring footage. i also do not think Thor looked as terrible as some are making it, and most importantly, he was not horrifically gassed. Boxing is as much a game of cardio as it is anything else, especially for beginners.

Just rewatched it.
Embarassing AF... Zero cardio, zero speed, zero technique...

Devon is most likely gonna look like a deer looking at the flashlights of a car, once he takes one or two power punches from Thor.

This is gonna end bad, I hope they thaught him how to cover up and it ends in a quick TKO because he just turtles up.
Don't what his wife and others are thinking, this isn't a tennis match, this can go really wrong ( wish I hope it doesn't ) when a 46 years old noob gets hit in the head by a 330lbs man...

I agree on paper it looks like Thor should be much better but it's not like he's had 10 fights at which point you are considered still a novice. I'd say cardio is on Devon's side and speaking from experience at the beginning that alone can win you fights. I don't know Devon might be shit, I just think he has more of the potential ability to be decent at it than Thor.

He is 46 years old and fighting on 5 weeks notice.
Cardio definitely isn't on his side especially since he has never fought and will probably get an adrenaline dump ( not sure though as he was in special forces and probably looked death in the eyes a few times )

Also straighten his arms...
This circus is gonna look really bad.

Get these janky, awkward, fake news athletes out of the ring. I want to see an arm wrestler fight a strongman.

I could be wrong but I don't see this going well for Devon If Hafthor decides to try and stop him.

He's pushing 50, has had recent health problems, can't straighten either of his arms fully and and has never had any boxing training in his life till a few weeks ago.

He's a cool guy and I hope he does well but I'm not confident at all.

Amen.

It's so obvious, I don't know why people don't see it ...

Just because Devon is mega cool and was in special forces doesn't make him a boxer.

Devon is a beast, no doubt, and a true martial artist, but Thor has been training just boxing for years now and has went the distance with pro boxers. Devon's arms are messed up too and he can not even straighten them the whole way. It could be another Woodley vs Paul situation wherein the guy that has been training just Queensbury rule set boxing will have the upper advantage, but I'm hoping Devon gets the KO.

I am also really interested to see how arm wrestling power translate to MMA. Gary Goodridge was famous for being the best arm wrestler in the world and did great in MMA. I guess Devin considered going in the UFC, has been training Judo since he was 6, done lots of mixed fighting, but worried about the brain trauma.

Goodridge was a beast though, with massive speed and power.
Devon AWing isn't based on those at all, it's his technique, hand control and stamina that are legendary

He knows more than a little. He has been doing Judo since he was 6 and was considering going to the UFC for a while before he made buckets in arm wrestling and trained MMA for a long time. Dude is 6'6, 80 inch reach, 270, judo black belt, been the equivalent to a Canadian NAVY SEALS for decades, trained in MMA for decades, competitive and tough AF....should be a fun freak fight.

Like you point out, Thor's cardio may be suspect. Devon has never lost a long battle in arm wrestling and his specialty is drawing out and bleeding his opponents, kind of like Diaz in MMA. Will be interesting how that cardio and tenacity translate vs a guy who will be larger and been doing straight boxing for a while. Thor is a big and strong guy but he does not seem to be a fighter.

I seriously doubted that narrative since day one, and now even 10x more after seeing him not being able to throw a proper punch in sparring

it was unreal, bro. His performance vs Todd really may have been the single greatest combat performance of all time. No one has ever done that Todd, it was just surreal to see that. He even pinned Todd without the straps, something no one has ever done. Todd is an absolute beast, was pronating 300 pounds before the match, was at his bet ever but had absolutely nothing for pancake Devon. I just hope boxing does not throw him off form.....if he is not his best, Levan will beat him.

Did you see Levan vs Chaffee ?
Devon won't do much better imo, but I sure would like to see this going down sooner than later

Devon on Conor vs Thor vid - "what is Conor, 140lbs?"

Devon on Jake Paul - "I would fuckin' knock that guy into next week."

Eddie on Devon vs Thor - "I would pay good money to see Devon rip his chin off and piss on his face."

Jake would probably win though

These crossfit fights are fucking garbage

Whole card is sh*t though.
And we didn't even get to see Avril vs Stefi Cohen, most likely because she couldn't lose enough or her roided muscles to make weight.
Now we got each of them against complete unknowns *facepalm*

Back