Motor Racing 2023

Race week! Red bull looking handy. I’m sure a lot of teams didn’t turn up the engines, but should be interesting to see. Will be tough for teams to catch up to red bull dominance of last year.

Kyle Busch wins for Childress and actually gets more cheers than boos for once.

Helps driving for one of the most beloved owners of all time.

Hard to tell from FP1 in the first race, but red bull look fast and car looks effortless. I’m sure things may change in the next practice, but still, good signs for a three peat from max.

So hoping that Alonso is as for-real as he looks right now. Him and LH in a tight battle for whatever place all season would be top tier entertainment

So hoping that Alonso is as for-real as he looks right now. Him and LH in a tight battle for whatever place all season would be top tier entertainment

It looked like Alonso could pull out a couple of fast laps on new tires but his lap times fell off quickly to where he was over a second slower than other cars.

Chase Elliott injured his left leg snowboarding and required surgery. He won't drive Sunday at Vegas and it is unknown how long he will be out of the car.

It's almost time to find out who's fast and who's been sandbagging. Many cars seem slow in the final sector but they could be intentionally slowing down.

Aston Martin >> Mercedes
<{anton}>

Hendrick Motorsports announced today that Chase Elliott underwent 3 hours of surgery for a fractured tibia. To me that suggests a pretty severe injury likely involving plates and screws. My dad had a spiral fracture when he broke his. They installed 2 plates and 7 screws and he was only in surgery for just over an hour.

Early days but this is reminding me of 2020. Red Bull looking untouchable as Merc was in 2020, Aston turning up with a good car resembling the best car (ala the pink Merc of 2020), clear gap between 2nd and 3rd teams, etc etc.

Ferrari gonna Ferrari

Barring stuff like what just happened to Leclerc, I think we’re watching the entire season in this race. Don’t really see any surprises coming. I hope I’m wrong though. Good to see Aston looking fast. Frustrated with Haas.

It's only been one down season and I can't believe I am wishing for a Mercedes resurgence just so we can get a battle out front because Ferrari isn't going to do it.

Please. Not another year of Max/RB Dominance
Hopefully whatever Mercedes has for plan b can close the gap. RB does have the restrictions from being #1 last year and the cost gap drama so hopefully the field can close up to them.

Mercedes should have given Newey a blank check two seasons ago. Red Bull is unstoppable ever since they got him.

Alonso definitely deserved driver of the day. He had a great day and the Aston Martin is a good car in the start of the season.

Mercedes is back to the drawing board, again. The zero side pod concept is a failure IMO.

Back