Motivation to train after breakup

I had a similar situation happen to me when I was 21. My fiancee' and high school sweetheart broke up with me for my best friend. Talk about clearing your plate. Losing your BF and GF all in the same day. In addition, my self esteem wasn't the best at the time. I was pretty wrecked over it. But as has been said in this thread many times, time heals all wounds. Sometimes I still think about her or have a dream about her, but that's it. Those thoughts/dreams come less frequently. Much like Sonny talked about above, I never blamed her, just my best friend. While to this day, I don't know the whole story, in my heart I beleive he told her lies to break us up, and he swoooped in playing the "hero." The most shocking part of the story?? My former best freind came to my house a year or two later wanting me to be his character witness in their divorce hearing. Biggest balls I've ever seen in my life. Worst part was I never laid a hand on him. Never have been much of a fighter irl, but I've always regreted not beating his ass (or attempting to) when he initially told me or when he came to my house that night. Also interested in hearing how you're doing these days rick.

time heals all wounds, but the wound wont heal if you don't treat it.

You spent all that time loving someone and now all this pent up emotion/love is over. Now that raw emotion is converted into sorrow. Time heals all wounds but you need to let that sorrow out. Don't repress your emotions because they will lash out sooner or later. So the advice I can give you is take the time to mourn. Lifting is a good outlet for your emotions, but it is indirect.

So go ahead and mourn. Take all the time you need. Then when you feel rediculous after doing nothing for a few days/weeks/months, get out there and express yourself.

I don't know you, but I've seen your sn post around here. Badass sn. Makes me think of rickson gracie.

Anyways, you'll be fine. You'll be even better if you let your emotion out. Stay up man. Better to have loved and lost. Sorry for the cliche, I guess I'm kinda jealous that I haven't found someone.

Peace

I am going through the same thing right now, we had been together for two years, and now I feel like a numb zombie. I can barely put together a coherent sentence, and I am trying to stay busy.

Thank all of you guys! The support I recieved from so many different people has been, in a word, overwhelming. The advice given in here or through PM has been sound and comforting. To all of you who are currently going through something similar, I truly am sorry. Please heed the advice of others and take time to mourn, it's healthy. Although It may not feel like it right now, time will heal your wounds.

Thanks for all the concern and for all of you guys who took time to offer kind words and words of encouragement. It means alot!!

Back