Media (Motivation) Richard Commey - The Comeback

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Julius_Caesar, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Was talking about Commey and Lomachenko on here the other day and really like his story. Lost a couple controversial decisions but stuck at it and earned the IBF title last weekend. He moved to the US and started training with Danny Jacobs team a couple years ago and shown improvements. Stories like this is why I love boxing as well as other combat sports.

He was supposed to face Lomachenko next but he's off with a hand injury. Hopefully we will see that fight later on this year as I believe its a good fight.

2. aries

aries Silver Belt

I like to see a boxer make a comeback story but I don't see him having any chance vs. Lomachenko. I think it would be similar to Walters. Walters was a big puncher but was made to look crude and ordinary vs. Loma. I see the same with Commey.

3. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Maybe but what works against some may not work against others. Every fighters different and there are so many other factors like what game plan Commey goes in there with. He's not gonna be able to outbox loma and win a decision. Loma is too skilled but he's also a lot smaller and commey is very durable. He should turn it into a rough fight and try to bully loma. Risk getting hit in order to dish out his own punches. Easier said then done against someone like Loma but still giving Commey a chance. What you said about Walters is exactly what I thought would happen in the first Floyd vs Maidana fight.

4. aries

aries Silver Belt

Yeah Commey is tough but I think to beat Loma you have to be something special and I just don't see that with Commey. He could surprise me of course.

Julius_Caesar likes this.