Motivated BJ Penn

Draggin99Si

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Will BJ Penn come in motivated for his upcoming fight against Lamas? I believe a motivated BJ Penn is the greatest fighter in the world and cannot be beaten.

Yes.

2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg
2ccqmgy.jpg

1Y10mkn.gif
1Y10mkn.gif
1Y10mkn.gif
1Y10mkn.gif

That whole "motivated BJ Penn" thing, was actually a legit argument. But it was only relevant to about 5-10 years ago. Nowadays, I doubt even the most motivated of BJ Penns can do what we all hope he can. Lamas is probably going to destroy him sadly.

If he comes in motivated it will be a good fight. At this point, i dont even know if a motivated BJ is enough to beat a guy like Lamas

Hoping he proves me wrong

Ricardo Lamas might actually murder him in the cage

lamasfinish.gif

I really, really miss the magnificent creature: Motivated Penn.

That whole "motivated BJ Penn" thing, was actually a legit argument. But it was only relevant to about 5-10 years ago. Nowadays, I doubt even the most motivated of BJ Penns can do what we all hope he can. Lamas is probably going to destroy him sadly.
uX8nKs6.gif

I've always seen it as a joke and excuse.

But back in the day, BJ sure did make this sport fun to watch. He was amazing when he was good.

I've always seen it as a joke and excuse.
It's really not though. How can someone who is capable of finishing prime Gomi and Prime Hughes within a years time, outstriking Diego 100-8 and finishing him in the 5th, taking the fight right to a Prime GSP and arguably winning, fighting Lyoto Machida to a close decision (the guy that destroyed Rashad and others), destroying Sherk and Florian.......how can a guy able to do all of that, come out sometimes and look like absolute garbage other times?

Saw beej in the airport. He looked motivated.

In all seriousness I hope classic bj shows up....but I'm not holding my breath.

It's really not though. How can someone who is capable of finishing prime Gomi and Prime Hughes within a years time, outstriking Diego 100-8 and finishing him in the 5th, taking the fight right to a Prime GSP and arguably winning, fighting Lyoto Machida to a close decision (the guy that destroyed Rashad and others), destroying Sherk and Florian.......how can a guy able to do all of that, come out sometimes and look like absolute garbage other times?
That is a good point but the machIda fight was like his 2nd ever Matt took him lightly and paid and yes is only 1-2 so I give u bj is better. I don't think he beat geroge in the first fight but I can see the argument based on damage.

He hasn't been fully motivated since that encounter with his former employee's "playboy model girlfriend" So, I doubt it.

That is a good point but the machIda fight was like his 2nd ever Matt took him lightly and paid and yes is only 1-2 so I give u bj is better. I don't think he beat geroge in the first fight but I can see the argument based on damage.
The only reason I can see him winning that GSP fight is because he had GSP caught in Gogoplata at the end and was landing strikes on him, more than I think Gsp landed that round. But I'm ok with the decision.

Still loses to Llamas. This isn't 2007 anymore.

The only reason I can see him winning that GSP fight is because he had GSP caught in Gogoplata at the end and was landing strikes on him, more than I think Gsp landed that round. But I'm ok with the decision.
2nds Hughes fight he had a triangle locked and the round ended. Should let locked in submissions go past the end of the round.

Back