Motion sickness in a car, boat or plane..

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else get motion sickness? I get it when I'm on a boat, plane or when I'm in a car and I'm reading a book or playing on my phone. I've always had it since I was a kid and never really grew out of it.

Drink some cranberry juice cause you're probably on your period

Drink some cranberry juice cause you're probably on your period

49708.gif

Lol I just noticed the great wizard got dubs.

Easy answer.

You get motion sick because you're not watching the horizon. Stop playing on the phone or reading.

Another thing to try is a grounding strip that attaches under the car. My dad had one when we were kids because my sister kept getting car sick and it seemed to help.

I used to get terrible motion sickness as a kid and I still get it when I read or watch something on my phone while in a moving vehicle. It's genetic apparently. Amusement park rides are hell for me, lol. Good thing you can buy shit from the drugstore that would help.

Never got seasick, that doesn't mean that I don't, it just hasn't happened yet.

Came close twice, once while in a small compartment trying to do untangle some straps in 10 footers while my co-worker was throwing up in the trashcan, once doing chartwork in a small boat with seas off the beam.

IME focusing on small precise things throws off your equilibrium 10x worse, I've delt with big seas but when I'm not focused on something small (literally) it's more an annoyance.

Then there's guys who lose their shit as soon as the waves hit.

14 years and counting in a Sea going military service.

You really are a special snowflake, Snowflake.

If that makes you feel less of a man it's because you're ".........".

I have motion sickness on car as a kid and still occasionally. Never get motion sickness on boat or planes before though.

As a kid, I need to wind down the window in car to get the fresh air for any ride more than 30mins. Not sure if it's the smell of car or what not that caused it.

As an adult, I still get motion sickness occasionally. But only with terrible drivers that accelerates and goes to zero then accelerates. It doesn't help that there are a billion traffic lights in my country.

Someone itt mentioned theme parks. I can do all the rides except Pirate Ships or those that goes backwards.

Pretty sure that having a penis is nature's way of combating motion sickness. Maybe ask your doctor about hormone therapy?

I get seasick on small fishing boats. I take Meclizine, which helps. There are scopolamine patches that go behind the ear. I do OK on planes and cars, as long as the driver isn't erratic.

Easy answer.

You get motion sick because you're not watching the horizon. Stop playing on the phone or reading.

Another thing to try is a grounding strip that attaches under the car. My dad had one when we were kids because my sister kept getting car sick and it seemed to help.
Wow, holy shit.
My dad tried to make a whole business out of selling those exact strips to the public. It failed hard, but it works!!

I've never had a vagina, so normal things don't make me sick.

Back