Motion for an Injuries Section to the Training Forum

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Bennosuke, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bennosuke

Bennosuke Blue Belt

I've read a lot of threads recently (on the stand up forum) started by fighters who have injuries. Often times they recieve information from uninformed individuals. I don't know if this is a good solution, but I suggest the creation of a forum under the training section specifically to injuries. This way those who only read the grappling, or the nutrition, or strength training or stand up forums will be more likely to read and give input. While this will increase the number of uninformed posters replying, it will also increase the likelihood of an informed individual who can provide proper advice about rehab or injury prevention.

I've just read too many threads where someone has suggested potentially harmful advice, such as, "Just push through it", when the individual is seriously injured. This may not only promote healthier training habits within the fighting community, it may also inform individuals about what is truly causing certain injuries (Boxer's knuckle is not a tear in the extensor tendon, or in the bone).

This is just my thoughts. Maybe it won't work. What do you guys think??

2. chaospfa

chaospfa Blue Belt

I second this, but unfortunatly website traffic doesn't warrant a new sub forum.

3. Kyryllo

Kyryllo Kia kaha e hine!

Lucerne, Switzerland (via Cologne, Germany)
    If you are injured go see a doctor. It's not healthy to ask for medical advice in an unrelated online forum. "Go see a doctor" would be the first reply of any thread in such a forum anyway.

4. Bennosuke

Bennosuke Blue Belt

I agree. Unfortunately, there are a lot of users here who post questions about injuries anyways.