Mother Reunited With Deceased Daughter In VR Show

giphy.gif

Well they already have Coachella with Holographic Tupac rapping. I think that's pretty ridiculous.

Now they can recreate things for a more personal experience. Wait till AI gets involved.

This is understandingly the most heartbreaking yet fucked up thing I've seen in my life.

And that's why I won't watch it. The description from the OP is all I need.

I recently had a dog I loved dearly put to sleep, and I handled it better than I ever thought I could. The day of was hell, but the days after were relatively easy... because I know what triggers my emotions. I've avoided dwelling that my dog isn't here anymore, I've avoided looking at pictures and videos of her, and I've even avoided going near her grave. Maybe in a few months I will do all of that, but not now.

If there was a VR program of my dog, I'd avoid it like the Corona Virus. That would TRIGGER my emotions so bqdly I'd be a wreck for days afterward.

So.... if I'd get so damn emotional about a dog... I can't possibly imagine how a mother would react to seeing her dead 7-year old daughter in a VR simulation.

I watched 2Girls1Cup and kept a straight face. No emotion.
I've watched ISIS beheading videos and other demented means of execution.
But there's no way in fucking hell I am watching that OP video.

Very sad, gut wrenching video to watch. But just keep in mind one day it could be prime Remy LaCroix instead

giphy.gif
Not sure if that's such a good thing either, but I'd sure like to see for myself.

Last week, a Korean TV special called Meeting You aired which focused on a family’s loss of their seven year-old daughter. And in an unsettling finale, the program attempted to reunite the girl with her mother using a virtual reality recreation, complete with audio.

You can see it below. Not only was the girl fully replicated in 3D, able to move around and interact, but the mother was given touch-sensitive gloves to accompany her VR headset, and she was able to walk around a limited greenscreen set.

https://kotaku.com/mother-reunited-with-deceased-daughter-in-vr-show-1841561725

Shades of Black Mirror. I can see the value of VR for grieving survivors but this technology can be abused for exploitive purposes.

What would Jordan Peterson say?

I can only hope this is fake.

Back