Mother of Serial Killer Passes Away

It's incredibly naive to suggest that all serial killers suffer an abusive childhood.

A good chunk have a peculiar childhood in one way or another. Its been a while since I've looked him up but I think the Green River Killer had an extremely religious mother who also dressed revealingly which caused him to have some conflicting thoughts and feelings.

She didn't intentionally abuse him but growing up with boners for your mom can't be healthy.

A good chunk have a peculiar childhood in one way or another. Its been a while since I've looked him up but I think the Green River Killer had an extremely religious mother who also dressed revealingly which caused him to have some conflicting thoughts and feelings.

She didn't intentionally abuse him but growing up with boners for your mom can't be healthy.

Read up on Kuklinksi, his parents were abusive. It affected him.

The theory about him being dumped by Stephanie Brooks causing him to go mad is very debatable. He says it was nothing but multiple therapists of his say is was a pivotal part in his life, since she dumped him for being a "scrub". He actually came back into contact with her a handful of years later, and actually ended up dumping her and he did that by just not calling/writing or anything to her anymore. Just cut her out of his life. Right around this time is when he is suspected of committing his first murder. His first confirmed kill was actually in the very same month

Basically what I'm saying is Nature and Nurture both play very big roles in life as we grow up. But hey. "Some men, just want to watch the world burn"
It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I think the Green River Killer started his string of murders after his second failed marriage so its not unheard of.
Read up on Kuklinksi, his parents were abusive. It affected him.

I've heard of the guy, he was sick. He also abused animals as a child, which is another common occurrence in the childhoods of serial killer though obviously the parental abuse is likely a direct cause as opposed to correlative like the animal abuse.

Being attracted to your mother isn't abuse. I could point to Berkowitz, Dahmer and Rader as further examples of killers who were not abused.

Saying all Serial killers suffer childhood abuse is naive as I stated earlier.

Being attracted to your mother isn't abuse. I could point to Berkowitz, Dahmer and Rader as further examples of killers who were not abused.

Saying all Serial killers suffer childhood abuse is naive as I stated earlier.

I didn't say it was abuse, just that it was an atypical childhood and that it may have affected him. I agree, not all serial killers are going to have abusive pasts. There are exceptions to every rule.

Do you believe growing up watching violent and horror movies, lets say, by age 4-5+ is damning for a child and could provoke homicidal and sociopath behavior later on?

Hitler and Stalin both had abusive parents.

I don't believe in coincidences

Learn behavioral psychology youngin.

We all start off as blank slates. It is a guarantee that she abused him or at the very least was an enabler to an abusive father.

This is patently untrue and a dangerous line of thinking.

Do you believe growing up watching violent and horror movies, lets say, by age 4-5+ is damning for a child and could provoke homicidal and sociopath behavior later on?

I wouldn't know for sure but I think it would at the very least desensitize the person to violence. I don't know if there's much evidence that points to any further effects so enlighten me if there is.

It's not worth entering a nature versus nurture debate about this, but suffice to say that if you're bludgeoning 12 year-old girls to death, decapitating random women and repeatedly having sex with their decomposing heads weeks later, chances are you were born with a neurological disorder to some extent.

Getting spanked or neglected doesn't breed a homicidal necropheliac.

Back