Elections Mother Jones Writer: Warren’s Immigration Plan ‘De Facto Open Borders’

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth Warren has an immigration plan. Here are the highlights:

1. Decriminalizes unauthorized immigration and returns to the civil enforcement US had before George Bush began Operation Streamline.
2. Eliminates abusive immigration enforcement and keeps law enforcement at arms length from CBP and ICE.
3. Reduces and reforms immigrant detention.
4. Reforms immigration courts.
5. Raises the refugee cap to 125,000 and affirms refugee protections.
6. Reforms legal immigration and creates a path to citizenship.

"I have previously criticized Republicans who accused liberals of wanting “open borders.” President Trump tweets about this endlessly. But I have to admit that it’s hard to see much daylight between Warren’s plan and de facto open borders. As near as I can tell, CBP will be retasked away from patrolling the border looking for illegal crossings; if border officers happen to apprehend someone, they’ll be released almost immediately; if they bother to show up for their court date, they’ll have a lawyer appointed for them; and employers will have no particular reason to fear giving them a job."

- Kevin Drum

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/07/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-open-borders/

Fake-ahants has gone fully off the deep end.

Elizabeth Warren has an immigration plan. Here are the highlights:

1. Decriminalizes unauthorized immigration and returns to the civil enforcement US had before George Bush began Operation Streamline.
2. Eliminates abusive immigration enforcement and keeps law enforcement at arms length from CBP and ICE.
3. Reduces and reforms immigrant detention.
4. Reforms immigration courts.
5. Raises the refugee cap to 125,000 and affirms refugee protections.
6. Reforms legal immigration and creates a path to citizenship.

"I have previously criticized Republicans who accused liberals of wanting “open borders.” President Trump tweets about this endlessly. But I have to admit that it’s hard to see much daylight between Warren’s plan and de facto open borders. As near as I can tell, CBP will be retasked away from patrolling the border looking for illegal crossings; if border officers happen to apprehend someone, they’ll be released almost immediately; if they bother to show up for their court date, they’ll have a lawyer appointed for them; and employers will have no particular reason to fear giving them a job."

- Kevin Drum

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/07/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-open-borders/
tenor.gif

Well yea this has been a thing with the democrats and open borders but trying to mask it with bull shit.

This will be part of the party platform.

They can keep the bull shit denying but most people see it for what it is.

I want you to make 'em understand: Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America — because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.
  • As quoted in Marine!: The Life Of Chesty Puller (1962), Burke Davis, Ch. XVII : The Hordes of China, p. 273

Congrats to this guy for recognizing what any sensible person has been saying for quite a while only to be met with denial as a response to the undermining of border security at every turn. They do this with everything and just hope they've indoctrinated enough people by the time the right is vindicated on where the left was going all along.

Ah, thanks for the tag. Kevin Drum seems correct in this. The argument that Warren is not proposing open borders mainly lies in the fact that she did not use the phrase "open borders". But open borders would be the result of her proposed policies.

Ah, thanks for the tag. Kevin Drum seems correct in this. The argument that Warren is not proposing open borders mainly lies in the fact that she did not use the phrase "open borders". But open borders would be the result of her proposed policies.
Do people really argue that?

Well yea this has been a thing with the democrats and open borders but trying to mask it with bull shit.

This will be part of the party platform.

They can keep the bull shit denying but most people see it for what it is.

“No one is calling for open borders” is the same kind of bullshit that “no one is coming for your guns” was. I’ll never trust a Democrat again until they stop pandering to progressives.

Its well known that liberals are open borders globalists.
<{vega}>

Wow, I’m shocked!

This was obvious to anybody who isn't a brainlet or a shill.

What’s the over/under on how long before the prog mob forces this writer to apologize for his racism and grovel for forgiveness?

Just gonna leave a note here so i can come back and check to see if any liberals show up. I dont how many times ive heard or read "noone wants open borders" only for them to talk in circles about policies that are the same as open borders.
This should be an interesting thread.

Just gonna leave a note here so i can come back and check to see if any liberals show up. I dont how many times ive heard or read "noone wants open borders" only for them to talk in circles about policies that are the same as open borders.
This should be an interesting thread.

They'll show up. Rip TS for using mother Jones for a source. And then say this isn't actually open borders because there's a civil system way to maybe punish the no longer illegal border crossings, and this isn't actually open borders because we still have checkpoints at the border not just a wide open field everywhere

And politicians or cities/counties who disagree with her can arrest and deport people on their own when? Because I don't understand how these places can refuse to implement the law with no consequences. How does that not apply to everything? Gun relations and so on.

And politicians or cities/counties who disagree with her can arrest and deport people on their own when? Because I don't understand how these places can refuse to implement the law with no consequences. How does that not apply to everything? Gun relations and so on.

gun regulations* (pfft no edit option) or say gay marriage. If a county and it's law enforcement departments or local govt don't agree, they are just allowed to refuse to follow the law like we are seeing across the country when it comes to immigration

Back