Most You Have Bet On A UFC Fight?

Do it, hahaha!

Im thinking about it. Jones is -175 right now. If he drops (which im hoping for) to about -150 I think i'll take the plunge and drop $500. Otherwise I must just bet around $200 or so and hopefully get $100-$125 back. Im also seeing what a Jones by decision prop bet would yield as well.

Im thinking about it. Jones is -175 right now. If he drops (which im hoping for) to about -150 I think i'll take the plunge and drop $500. Otherwise I must just bet around $200 or so and hopefully get $100-$125 back. Im also seeing what a Jones by decision prop bet would yield as well.

I don't think its a bad bet. I see a lot of people picking Cormier but i'm still fairly confident in Jones.

Serious question. Given the amount of fights all over MMA, can one make any $$$ given the amount of time some of us devote to this stuff. Guys at work play in hockey and football pools, and Pro Line, a legal lottery terminal based betting gimmick. Sometimes you hear about some decent pay offs and I'va always wished I could bet on fights via Pro Line.

The bookies know what they're doing. The odds make it extremely difficult to consistently make money. The first bet I made was $550 on Jones to beat Machida in December 2011 and won $100. I almost never bet unless I was completely certain of the outcome and from Dec. 2011 until April of 2014 I had wracked up $3500 in my bodog account (after an initail $750 invenstment).

So I averaged just over $1000/year. I rarely lost, but it's not like I made a fortune either (biggest loss was $300 on Franklin to beat Le). Then I went on a torrid losing streak and I'm currently $300 in the hole lol.

So yeah, I'm confident I'll get back to where I was but it'll take a while. My goal is to get 4-5 grand profit then cash out, but we'll see. It's just a fun way to make some money doing something I love (watching MMA), and if I ever lose that initial $750 I'll quit (and I'm all in this weekend on Lombard lol).

Serious question. Given the amount of fights all over MMA, can one make any $$$ given the amount of time some of us devote to this stuff. Guys at work play in hockey and football pools, and Pro Line, a legal lottery terminal based betting gimmick. Sometimes you hear about some decent pay offs and I'va always wished I could bet on fights via Pro Line.

Jon Jones just partnered with a pro-line type site for gambling, and they just started offering MMA lines actually. It sounds like it might be pretty decent, I was really thinking about joining but I figured one MMA betting account was enough haha.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/3293959

There's a contest for anyone who plays can win a all-expenses trip to 183 with floor seats and whatnot and you get to meet Jon Jones.

The bookies know what they're doing. The odds make it extremely difficult to consistently make money. The first bet I made was $550 on Jones to beat Machida in December 2011 and won $100. I almost never bet unless I was completely certain of the outcome and from Dec. 2011 until April of 2014 I had wracked up $3500 in my bodog account (after an initail $750 invenstment).

So I averaged just over $1000/year. I rarely lost, but it's not like I made a fortune either (biggest loss was $300 on Franklin to beat Le). Then I went on a torrid losing streak and I'm currently $300 in the hole lol.

So yeah, I'm confident I'll get back to where I was but it'll take a while. My goal is to get 4-5 grand profit then cash out, but we'll see. It's just a fun way to make some money doing something I love (watching MMA), and if I ever lose that initial $750 I'll quit (and I'm all in this weekend on Lombard lol).

Man how much did you have to put on Lombard to get any money? He was like -750. I parlayed Dunham, Lombard and Castillo for 50 bucks.

ever find it hard to remain fans of someone who f'ed up an epic parlay?

I couldve retired on that bet and you had to coast in the third!

Man how much did you have to put on Lombard to get any money? He was like -750. I parlayed Dunham, Lombard and Castillo for 50 bucks.

They key with these big favourites is getting in there early. My site released Lombard at -350.

Lol 550 on jones to win 100. Where'd you get those horrible odds I remember it being -300

They key with these big favourites is getting in there early. My site released Lombard at -350.

But i don't think it's the key to bet your whole bankroll everytime, one bad day (injury or robbery) and you are done and lose a sh!tload of money

500 on Shogun when he lost to Jones.

still mad.

and first time betting on a Jones fight since...250 on Cormier. Didnt learn my lesson I guess, but we shall see.

Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back