Most WTF Matchmaking in UFC

No one mentions Edgar vs Penn 3, the worst matchup in UFC history?

No one mentions Edgar vs Penn 3, the worst matchup in UFC history?

someone did.

Tito vs rashad 2

LOL at dumb f**k fans thinking they can do a better job at matchmaking. HAHAHA!

you gonna bother reading through the thread before you post like an asswhole? Not 1 person complained about joe silva or sean shelby

Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes

I remember thinking wtf, they're gonna kill Royce.

I remember at one point they threw David Bieklheden at Diego Sanchez and Dustin Hazzlett to Koscheck I think

I feel like Hughes vs Royce Gracie never should have been sanctioned.
A brutal miss match

Before anyone says it, Chad Mendes vs Cody McKenzie is one of the most bizarre matches the UFC ever put together. Nothing about it made any sense given the position they were both at. Will also say Stephan Struve vs Pat Barry for the pure freak show aspect of it. I know there's so many more.

Funny when I read the thread title I automatically thought of this fight. Also Rousey vs anyone unfortunately is a mismatch. I also thought rumble vs lil nog was rough too. I knew that would happen

Chael getting the title shot against Jon Jones, coming from a loss against Silva.

It was ridiculous but at the same time everyone was too chicken shit or made excuses to not take the fight. Chael was the only one willing. They prob should have scrapped it all together if they want to help mma become a legitimate sport but I think they were more worried about $ signs and did what they had to do.

It was ridiculous but at the same time everyone was too chicken shit or made excuses to not take the fight. Chael was the only one willing. They prob should have scrapped it all together if they want to help mma become a legitimate sport but I think they were more worried about $ signs and did what they had to do.

I guess so.
Keep the business rolling.
The funniest thing is had the ref noticed the broken toe, everything would have turned out really weird.

mma_e_coture11_576.jpg

Mendes vs Connor; should have been Edgar

Werdum vs Rematchquez; should be Arlovski

These...

I can understand rematches after close fights or controversial decisions, but Werdum beat Velasquez pretty handily.

While Mendes/McGregor isn't exactly WTF, I do believe Edgar should have been given the opportunity.

I'd like to throw in Arlovski/Eilers... I believe Eilers was coming off of a KO loss to Buentello, yet Eilers was fighting for the title, and Buentello was on the undercard.

Joe Lauzon vs Gabe R was pretty crazy in hindsight.

He pulled out of the Mousasi fight at home and got rewarded with a title shot against Jones.

So obviously after the Rumble loss, and pulling out of the fight with Glover, he gets another title shot.

Makes sense considering he's the luckiest man in mma. I mean he beat Shogun.

Big Gustaffson fan, but his biggest claim to fame is his fight with Jones, which was a loss. And he hasn't done much anything of note since then. It is surprising, in my opinion, that he gets the title shot in front of Bader.

However, while it might not make sense, it's definitely one of the fights that I'm looking forward to seeing.

Takenori Sato is brought to the UFC to give Erick Silva an easy fight.
As we all expected the Brazilian finishes the small WW Sato in less than a minute.

After that he is booked to fight the arguably bigger WW in the roster in Lim. A fight he had zero chances to win too. Ends at 1:18 in the first round.

IDK if he screwed with Joe Silva wife or something.. but his matchmaking was absurd.

Back