Most WTF Matchmaking in UFC

lawler vs condit, im being serious.

What were the other options?

A guy on a two fight streak, most recently a very lacklustre split decision?

A guy who on a one fight streak (decision) who is 2-2 in his last 4?

At least Condit finished his opponent in style.

Before anyone says it, Chad Mendes vs Cody McKenzie is one of the most bizarre matches the UFC ever put together. Nothing about it made any sense given the position they were both at. Will also say Stephan Struve vs Pat Barry for the pure freak show aspect of it. I know there's so many more.

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I'm going with Cormier/Gus.

Gus got beaten to tears at home in his last fight. I do not think that a fighter has ever gotten a title shot after such a devastating loss.

I know there are others. Less competitive fights. but as far as WTF?...

How the fuck did Gus get that lucky. Putting Bader in would've been better sdurely

The Mauler got mauled by Rumble, true.
Cormier doesn't have that kind of power though.
I think Gus gives Cormier a run for his money.
It'll be a super competitive fight. Remember that Jones couldn't take Gus down, Cormier couldn't take Jones down etc. In all honestly, I think Gus can beat Cormier as well as any other light heavyweight out there (except maybe Jones).

LOL at dumb f**k fans thinking they can do a better job at matchmaking. HAHAHA!

rhonda vs anyone not named cyborg, carano or mayweather but especially vs someone other than cyborg

The Mauler got mauled by Rumble, true.
Cormier doesn't have that kind of power though.
I think Gus gives Cormier a run for his money.
It'll be a super competitive fight. Remember that Jones couldn't take Gus down, Cormier couldn't take Jones down etc. In all honestly, I think Gus can beat Cormier as well as any other light heavyweight out there (except maybe Jones).

I know what you mean .. I'm still surprised that they would place someone in a title fight that had a few weeks before saying that they nearly quit the sport

I'm going with Cormier/Gus.

Gus got beaten to tears at home in his last fight. I do not think that a fighter has ever gotten a title shot after such a devastating loss.

I know there are others. Less competitive fights. but as far as WTF?...

How the fuck did Gus get that lucky. Putting Bader in would've been better sdurely

He pulled out of the Mousasi fight at home and got rewarded with a title shot against Jones.

So obviously after the Rumble loss, and pulling out of the fight with Glover, he gets another title shot.

Makes sense considering he's the luckiest man in mma. I mean he beat Shogun.

Erick Silva vs that Japanese guy who was sent to flop

What a joke of a matchup
Clearly to gift Silva a win

God that was gross

Erick Silva vs that Japanese guy who was sent to flop

What a joke of a matchup
Clearly to gift Silva a win

God that was gross

That was an injury fill in. He was supposed to fight a different mismatch.

What were the other options?

A guy on a two fight streak, most recently a very lacklustre split decision?

A guy who on a one fight streak (decision) who is 2-2 in his last 4?

At least Condit finished his opponent in style.

lol woodely finished condit. Sayin "2 fight win streak with a split desicion" dosnt mean condit is more deserving

esspecialy when he is part of that winstreak. Im sure woodely would have finished a non top 10 opponent also

i like condit more but im not gonna tell my self hes more deserving than woodely

Back