Most Well Rounded Current LW

Tony seems to be very good in every aspect of the game. His win over rda was very impressive.

Conu.

Best striking.

Great TDD.

BJJ brown belt who has been training with Marcelo Garcia, world champ balck belt, Dillon Danis for almost a year and will continue to do so.

The only time Ferguson looks uncomfortable is when he is striking.....with Lando

Mmm... tough to say. They're all pretty trim. Most guys at lw aren't very round. Maybe we could get some out of camp pics?

Rda,has it all,there are people like ferguson and eddie are close but they have holes such as no kicks for tony

Most well rounded is Pettis IMO (he said he's moving back up).

As some others have said. Ferguson is my pick. He gets hit a lot striking but he is aggressive and unpredictable standing as well as on the ground.

Cowboy!
He is always ready to take any fight including lw. So I count him.
I'm not saying he can't be beat at lw thouh.
Just that he is the most well rounded.
Striking
JJ
Wrestling
Clinch
Cardio
Shit talking

Who is it? Whose game is the most complete in arguably the most talent filled division in MMA?

(C) McGregor?
Stand up: Hand speed, probably best one shot power at LW, accuracy, timing, pressure, and solid footwork.
Ground: Perhaps not elite but ever improving. Showed good tdd in last bout.
Conor-McGregor-UFC-187-workout-highlights.jpg

(1.) Nurmagomadov?
Stand up: Packs a lot of power in a single shot but lacks crisp combos and technicality. Used primarily to get close to his opponent.
Ground: Sambo and takedowns are second to none in LW, top pressure is suffocating, transission game is strong, great ground and pound, good at submissions.
hi-res-5ebc8a1861c019c75272791a965bdfd9_crop_north.jpg

(2.) Ferguson?
Stand up: Lengthy fighter, pushes the pace, unpredictable, and very solid jab. Very hittable for guys with elite footwork but chin and tenacity is great.
Ground: College wrestler with very slick submissions.
071415-UFC-184-Tony-Ferguson-PI-CH.vresize.1200.675.high_.581-1000x600.jpg

(3.) Alvarez?
Stand up: Head movement, lateral movement, power, good boxing fundamentals yet is easily coaxed into brawls at times which leaves his opponent with openings.
Ground: Solid jiu jitsu, high school wrestler, strong in clinch which leads to takedowns, strong on top.
eddie-better.jpg

(4.) Dos Anjos?
Stand up: Very good one strike KO power, great muay Thai, good chin
Ground: 5th degree BJJ black belt, pretty good MMA wrestling, strength
121414-UFC-Rafael-dos-Anjos-of-Brazil-celebrates-PI.vresize.1200.675.high_.99.jpg

(5.) Diaz?
Stand up: Very solid boxing skills, great 1-2 combinations, keeps a good pace, great chin, long reach, but succeptable to leg kicks
Ground: Black belt in BJJ, dangerous anywhere on the ground, not great at takedowns but can get a trip/throw occasionally
072_Nathan_Diaz_vs_Michael_Johnson.0.0.jpg

It doesn't have to be one of the 6 fighters mentioned above, but who do you consider the most well rounded current LW?

Shit talking has to be a criteria !!!

Ferg.

Dude can slug with the best of them and has an every more aggressive ground game, both on top and bottom it seems.

Ferguson, RDA, Alvarez, and Diaz are all very well rounded.

Conor and Khabib excel very well at one skill set.

I'm going with Ferguson or Diaz. If Diaz fought smart, he would win so many more fights.

Diaz is a multi-faceted fighter, but he's got some big holes in his game. Wrestling is the one that stands out, but also relatively poor footwork and James Toney level kick defense. I think RDA, Alvarez, and Ferguson are all more well-rounded than Nate.

Back