Most violent games ever made

you guys seem to be confusing violence with gore.

"Violence" is a pretty vague catch all. Street Fighter is violent. Maybe "depraved" is a better descriptor for what people might be thinking about. I don't think "Manhunt" for instance, is particularly more "violent" than a run of the mill shooter. It's how it uses it's violence. You might not remember the 9000 enemies you shot to death in COD, but you will remember how you killed a few dudes in "Manhunt".

I like it, played it quite a bit. Haven't played too many similar games to compare it to, most of my fps experience has been in the Battlefield games. I guess it's a bit like them in that you have the mix of infantry and vehicle combat, but communication and logistics are very important and play a big role. Officers are responsible for placing all of the spawn points other than the HQ spawns, engineers can place defensive structures and resource nodes, AT infantry can place AT guns. They all use supplies to build them, which can be provided by a Support class, supply trucks or air drops from the Commander. The resource nodes provide the Commander with resources to use his abilities, which include spawning in tanks for armour crews, bombing runs, strafing runs, supply drops and airhead spawns which can be placed behind enemy lines to allow for surprise attacks. A team which communicates and takes the time to build the nodes and multiple garrisons (which can be tedious) will normally stomp on a team that does not.

It can be pretty great when the team is communicating well and everyone's doing their job, or pretty miserable if they don't. You can end up with only one front line spawn available because nobody bothered to build more, and spawn right into enemy artillery fire again and again and again. Most of the time the experience is somewhere in between and it's still pretty fun.
Picked it up last night for $30 on sale on the Microsoft store. Looking forward to it.

Realistic violence or gore?

Violence, not so much gore. Gore would include more games like FEAR - First Encounter Assault Recon were there are parts of buildings just covered in blood. Obviously there is overlap.

Soldier of fortune and Wu Tang spring to mind

God of War, in particular is 3, is pretty fucking brutal.

WhirlwindThriftyBug-max-1mb.gif

kratos-kill-poseidon.gif

722M.gif

There was a time when this was considered an extremely violent game:

Of course, it kind of grew into it:

Legendary. Splatterhouse was one of the early games to be used as examples of vile filth by people like Tipper Gore and other concerned parents of the late 80s. LOL, good times.

Time Warriors? Manhunt was infamous when it was released. I had a game called Moonstone on Amiga which was very gory at the time.

The punisher game for ps2 allowed you to do some insanely violent shit to people.
Unfortunately it would switch to black and white during the "kill" scenes.

"Violence" is a pretty vague catch all. Street Fighter is violent. Maybe "depraved" is a better descriptor for what people might be thinking about. I don't think "Manhunt" for instance, is particularly more "violent" than a run of the mill shooter. It's how it uses it's violence. You might not remember the 9000 enemies you shot to death in COD, but you will remember how you killed a few dudes in "Manhunt".
Um. Wrapping someone’s head in a plastic bag and then gouging their eyes out with a glass shard is slightly more violent than headshotting someone in COD

Reactions: HHJ
Back