Most Valiant Losses

Fuck outta here man, that one moment of success would've finished a lot of other welters. They both fought a valiant fight.

Not really. I don't remember Condit finishing anyone with a head kick in the UFC. He was backing up pretty much the entire fight.

Lawler vs Rory 2 (Rory)

Lol he had his back against the fence most of the fight and had one moment of success. Hardly valiant.

Everyone else GSP had fought before Carlos were always on the defensive and didn't open up. Carlos was trying every single time he had a chance.

Varner against Krause...Varner broke his ankle literally one minute into the fight and fought til the end of the round.

First one that comes to mind is Liddell-Wandy. It was everything the PRIDE and UFC backers hoped it to be...a slugfest! Wandy lost, but as always fought like a crazed animal when wounded. Had Liddell going for takedowns for the first time in his career. Too bad it wasn't a 5 rounder.

An underrated one is Ross Pearson against Edson Barboza. Barboza was the killer prospect with unreal striking and Ross was supposed to be the sacrificial lamb. They didn't know at the time that Edson struggled a bit with good punchers who could effectively apply pressure. Ended up being a great fight and I think it's probably the best Pearson has ever looked.

First one that comes to mind is Liddell-Wandy. It was everything the PRIDE and UFC backers hoped it to be...a slugfest! Wandy lost, but as always fought like a crazed animal when wounded. Had Liddell going for takedowns for the first time in his career. Too bad it wasn't a 5 rounder.

And Wand never played it safe, never went for a takedown at any point in the fight. He fought for the fans that night... lost, but didn't fight to win, he fought to entertain. Great choice for this thread.

Cariaso against MM
Soto against TJ Dilly

Those two looked completely out of place before during and after the fight.

BJ fought to the death against GSP.

No such thing. A loss is a loss. What's the point of sugar-coating it?

JDS/Cain 2 and 3. JDS showed a lot of heart to be able to take those beatings for that long.

No, of course it was a good show of heart but there's nothing good about losing your title in that manner then get beaten like that

An underrated one is Ross Pearson against Edson Barboza. Barboza was the killer prospect with unreal striking and Ross was supposed to be the sacrificial lamb. They didn't know at the time that Edson struggled a bit with good punchers who could effectively apply pressure. Ended up being a great fight and I think it's probably the best Pearson has ever looked.

Some people said Ross won that fight, fightmetric also said that

Gus vs JJ
Fujita/Big Nog/HH vs Fedor
Brawldonado vs Glover
Carwin vs JDS
Fedor vs Bigfoot
Chael vs A.Silva 1
My no-fap challenge vs Mia Khalifa
Rory vs Lawler
Arlovski vs AJ
Shogun vs Gus
Wand vs Hunt