Most Underrated UFC Fighters of all time

I'd go with 2 Flyweights, Ian McCall and John Dodson.

McCall should've won the Flyweight tournament if not for that fuck up with the reading of the scorecards.

Dodson because in both times he fought MM it was fast paced and non stop and Dodson just doesn't get the respect for his speed and pace back at Flyweight.

I mean fucking legit. I mean he was 9-1 before Rashad. Almost undefeated if it weren't for a lame ass submission call against David Heath. Salmon had that fight in the bag. Then all the KO/TKO/Submission losses were stopped way before they should have been. He'd be like 31-8 if it weren't for all the bs stoppages.

And the Rashad head kick was a questionable KO too. I thought Rashad broke his leg and the ref got the call wrong.

I think that poster meant the word 'smoked'. As in, smoked salmon.

Tyron Woodley would've been champ if GSP didn't duck him.

But Woodley was champ?

Rich Franklin - A guy most have forgotten about and most only remember for the 2 losses to Silva. The guy was ahead of his time with his training and pretty imspirational not having come from an athletic or combat background. Just a teacher who tried out mma and became UFC champion with wins over guys like Liddell , Wanderlei x2 , Okami , Tanner x2 , and Shamrock.
Not to mention that his training in the beginning was him and Josh Rafferty in a tool shed, learning from instructional videos.

Kid Yamamoto, he was probably the best 135er in the world for years till he had a bad knee injury in 2008 but unfortunately that divisions didn't exist for most of his career so he fought at 145 and 155.

Good Picks. I would add John Lineker. WTF UFC?

Lineker was good.
But I can’t seem to remember what weight class he fought in.
Was it the 129 lb weight class?
Or was it the 138 lb weight class?
My memory fails me...

if we are going by sherdog opinion, clearly Conor McGregor. You would think he's the worst fighter to step in the cage ever by sherdog threads.

Forrest Griffin won the belt on grit alone against a dangerous Quinton Jackson. He's had some bad losses, that's for sure. He's underrated in that he was basically your jack of all trades, very little power in his punches, relied on his heart but a lot of people would say he lacked heart. I never thought that.

susumu17.jpg

Bingo. Great, great response.

Nevermind that Bustamente straight-up beat Liddell at UFC 33.

This, despite an absolutely disgusting size advantage that Liddell enjoyed.

Miesha Tate-pioneer in woman's mma. Had the UFC had a 125 pound weight class earlier she could have been a dominant champion

Back