Most underrated performances?

forrest-griffin-vs-rich-franklin.gif

GriffinFranklin3.gif

GriffinFranklin4.gif

UFC 126 Griffin v Franklin.

Easily forgotten fight since that card had Jones v Bader (Jones gets title shot), and Silva v Vitor. The fight also admittedly wasn't very entertaining.

Underrated win for Forrest though, who used his size and reach well. Remember this was only Forrest's 2nd fight after getting owned by Silva, and Franklin had just KO'd Chuck at 205.

Franklin also was a bad matchup for Forrest, better striking technique, more KO power, faster, southpaw etc.

Forrest got Rich down and controlled him the entire first round, then out struck Franklin surprisingly landing many sneaky right hands after throwing his kicks. Staggered Rich, and ultimately out landed, grappled and paced Rich for most of the 15 minutes.

Dong Hyun Kim vs Jason Tan :D DHK took him down whenever he wanted and Tan had nothing for him on the ground.. except getting punched and elbowed. Ray Borg vs Ortiz was impressive by both. Also, Tumenov when he knocks out Musoke :p

Machida against Weidman. By the end of the fight Machida was the alpha in the cage, even if he did lose too many early rounds to win the fight.

I fully expect Machida to win the rematch, provided he gets one before he's too old.

Machida against Weidman. By the end of the fight Machida was the alpha in the cage, even if he did lose too many early rounds to win the fight.

I fully expect Machida to win the rematch, provided he gets one before he's too old.

Only problem is Rockhold will make machida look not so good. DC did end AKA's monster streak so who knows

This. I always scratch my head as to why the unification of the UFC and Pride title bout is so underrated.

We also witnessed the biggest robbery in The ufc on the same card. Underrated performance by Hamill. Awful crowd though. Booing a deaf guy when he was so confused

Dong Sik Yoon vs Rampage Jackson.

Back