Most underrated performances?

The fight itself was underwhelming. But as far as I recall, Rashad had a great preformance against Rampage.

rashad-rampage.gif

The fight itself was underwhelming. But as far as I recall, Rashad had a great preformance against Rampage.

rashad-rampage.gif

Pretty much the perfect fight for Shad until he got caught at the end and almost finished. But yeah the fight sucked after all the build up.

God fucking damn man what an awesome double, and the only reason it worked is because of the 3-4 that made page try to block and counter allowing Evans to shoot in underneath his right hand. I always think of that fight when people say you can't get TDs in the center of the octagon.

That likely wouldn't happen again but yeah Noons definitely isn't the easiest guy to slip and counter like that.

I don't think he expected Bennett to capitalize on that opening for the lead hook, though. Could have been underestimation. Certainly seems like a flash in the pan overall. I'm not a wicked experienced boxer or anything but I'm pretty sure Noons would have been fine if he countered with a left hook not a right straight even.

Horiguchi's fight at 182 was pretty underrated. He was pretty crisp and had good movement and covered distance pretty well.

Horiguchi's fight at 182 was pretty underrated. He was pretty crisp and had good movement and covered distance pretty well.

Yeah good performance but a bit too passive. He should've experimented more out there

God fucking damn man what an awesome double, and the only reason it worked is because of the 3-4 that made page try to block and counter allowing Evans to shoot in underneath his right hand. I always think of that fight when people say you can't get TDs in the center of the octagon.

Yep, it's a thing of beauty.

And let's not forget that Rampage's TDD was pretty damn good

rashad-rampage.gif

Rashad looked so fast in that fight. Definetly the best hes ever looked as far as speed and movement go. Still thought shogun was gonna ko him though

Off the top of my head: Wanderlei/Bisping, Sonnen/Stann, Alves/that retired firefighter dude

Rashad looked so fast in that fight. Definetly the best hes ever looked as far as speed and movement go. Still thought shogun was gonna ko him though

Same here.

But on the otherhand I also thought shogun was gonna KO bones with ease...

Bones performance against DC considering he used cocaine during his training camp :)

He also had the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl. Did pretty good in a fight though.

Pettis' head kick ko of Lauzon in the 1st round. Going into the fight, the narrative was Lauzon was a first round beast, 10-1 in UFC in those stanzas, and Pettis would have to withstand his initial onslaught before beating him on the back end after he wore down. Instead, Pettis took him out just over a minute into the bout. Then afterward the narrative changed and it was just Lauzon. 4 straight incredible performances by Pettis, not 3.

Paul Felder against Jason Saggo. Beforehand Saggo got some hype for his grappling and was the favorite. Felder managed to stay up for the most part and use the openings he did receive to touch up Saggo for the competitive but deserved decision. Then afterward he just edged Saggo, so most weren't impressed. He definitely impressed last Saturday.

A lot of Tibau's performances. He got robbed against Nurmagomedov and that was before we had a gauge of Khabib's level. A similar thing happened with Tibau-RDA. He had RDA stumbling all over the place and deserved a UD, but got an SD, and that's before we knew who RDA was. The guy also got hard done against Guillard. Very enigmatic lw, but some very good performances in his career.

Mousasi vs. Jardine. Mousasi got slammed for technically drawing, but in reality that fight wasn't close. It was a 30-26 against an overmatched opponent. Mousasi did what he was supposed to do.

Jason Brilz against Little Nog. Crazy that a part-time fighter almost beat a guy with a career like that.

People arent giving shad his props tho. He did very well against Jones (on the outside) before he got dropped and decided "fuck this i'd rather survive than eating another elbow"

Funny thing is, he won the first round.

Sonnen/stann has to be up there. IIRC he dominated start to finish

AJ/phil davis.. people seemed to have forgotten about Johnson in this fight as he was a decent underdog. Made some $$ off him as i was very confident in this match up

the last 2 cain/jds fights were AMAZING performances by cain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back