Media Most underrated fights

Aldo-Mendes 2 was amazing. Maybe not extremely underrated but Conor beating them both kind of makes this match forgotten in the casual eye

Woodley vs Thompson 1 - People think this one sucked because the second one was so boring.
Whittaker vs Romero 1 & 2

Sanchez vs Kampmann
5.gif

9iEL.gif

Mike Brown ko'ing Faber when Uriah tried that weird elbow........that was literally like 20 minutes after Filho was talking to ghosts vs Chael. WEC was great.

Also Palhares vs Belcher. I love that fight.

Too many to name but imo what happens is that if the fights aren't for titles or if they don't have legends in them (like Hendo/Shogun) people kind of forget about them.

Cub/Korean Wonderboy
Hunt/Bigfoot
Scott Smith/Pete Sell
Nick Diaz/Karo (if you like grappling scrambles)
Diego/Melendez and Diego/Guida

Some of those maybe fly under the radar more than others but that's a few off the top of my head.

Seen Hunt Silva mentioned twice and really dont think its underrated at all. Most people see it as in the top 3 AT LEAST HW fights of all time. Its the best for me, personally.

Im gonna say Barnett Nog. Another you could argue isnt entirely underrated but doesnt come up enough in greatest fight debates for me. Sak Newton another

MM v Dodson I

Rampage v Hendo

Rampage v Forrest

Jones v Shad(Shad almost KO'd Jones but no one remembers, it's like that fight is a black hole people's memories pass over)

Everything John Lineker did at 125

Tito vs Frank Shamrock, UFC 22, that was a really good and epic fight, the skill level for that time was very high. Very underrated fight.

Igor vs Mark Kerr

Too many to name but imo what happens is that if the fights aren't for titles or if they don't have legends in them (like Hendo/Shogun) people kind of forget about them.

Cub/Korean Wonderboy
Hunt/Bigfoot
Scott Smith/Pete Sell
Nick Diaz/Karo (if you like grappling scrambles)
Diego/Melendez and Diego/Guida

Some of those maybe fly under the radar more than others but that's a few off the top of my head.

Korean Wonderboy is my favorite fighter

Hatsu Hioki x Charles Oliviera is my go to for casuals that don't like grappling.
tumblr_n7w0tj5Z4V1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Mike Brown ko'ing Faber when Uriah tried that weird elbow........that was literally like 20 minutes after Filho was talking to ghosts vs Chael. WEC was great.

Also Palhares vs Belcher. I love that fight.
IIRC the first time I saw that I thought he knocked him out with a clothes line.

Frank Edgar/Tyson Griffen
Matt Wiman/Thiago Tavares
Roger Huerta/ Leonard Garcia
TJ Grant/ Evan Dunham
Sam Stout/Spencer Fisher trilogy

The third Stout/Fisher can be skipped.

Back