Most underrated fighter..?

kingkobe1988

White Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion Jim Miller is the most underrated fighter in the UFC today. Only 4 defeats, all to arguably the top 4 lightweights in the UFC (Edgar) the lone exception since dropping down to 145, yet you harldly ever hear his name mentioned in title contention. Anybody think of other fighters who seem to be underrated despite the fact that they continue to preform at such a high level??

Miller was coming off a loss. Why would anyone think he was in title contention?

I think he is correctly rated. His UFC losses have been to top fighters in the division, but at the same time they were all incredibly one-sided losses. So while he might be better than most Lightweights, he is clearly not at the top level.

Nate Diaz dominated him... and then henderson dominated Nate. Thus making Miller a C level fighter.

Use your sherdog logic. :rolleyes:

Dong Hyun Kim is under rated. His only real loss came to Condit. He lost to Demian Maia but that was due to weird muscle spasms. he is 7-2 in the UFC. He could have easily beat Maia because look what he did to BJJ black belt paulo thiago. He might not have taken his back and mounted as much but I think he would have established side control and maybe mount or back mount once or twice and use effective ground n pound to win a decision.

I didn't actually mean he should get a title shot right now, i know he is 2-2 in his last 4 fights but before that he had won 6 or 7 straight and the 2 losses are to bendo and diaz, 2 great fighters. Just saying outside the 3 guys currently at 155 that have beat him who is better then him and has the quality wins that he does. Not a math major but id say he is top 5 at 155, far from a C level fighter in my opinion.

Dong Hyun Kim is under rated. His only real loss came to Condit. He lost to Demian Maia but that was due to weird muscle spasms. he is 7-2 in the UFC. He could have easily beat Maia because look what he did to BJJ black belt paulo thiago. He might not have taken his back and mounted as much but I think he would have established side control and maybe mount or back mount once or twice and use effective ground n pound to win a decision.

Demian Maia =/= Paulo Tiago.

I agree with whoever said Wineland. I don't understand how he dodges punches so well. He has great footwork. I also feel like Gonzaga is a little under rated nowadays !

Dominick Cruz
he's the worlds best bw and he's defended his zuffa belt four times against four very dangerous opponents but some people act like he's barely top five and they act like every guy will "run through him" just because he doesn't finish and because he bores them

Dude's gonna prove himself as one of the p4p GOATs and he'll beat barao/mcdonald handily
Same can be said about mighty mouse

Heading into ufc 155 you'd be forgiven for thinking Yushin Okami was barely above can level and was going to get dominated and finished. The way people talked about that fight on sherdog, it was like Okami didn't even have a chance.

Jim Miller is definitely underrated, people were picking Oliviera to beat him. Someone mentioned Wineland and I have to agree, he dropped fights to Faber and Benevidez and was pretty much written off.

Big Foot Silva
Todd Duffee - not only is he highly underrated, he is also overrated
Mike Russow

Back