MOST UNDER RATED BEAT DOWN IN UFC HISTORY

This is a personal preference which most won't share but I was always amazed how the "boring" counter-striker Lyoto Machida made then undefeated, absolutely brutal, merciless and menacing roid-monster Thiago Silva look like a clueless amateur for a whole round and then knocked him the fuck out right at the bell with a coup de grass diving punch.

lyotodropssilvaagain.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

t7xvh.gif

wv5nxl.gif

Good shout. Forgot about this fight. Silva was a fckin scary dude up until this point

Good shout. Forgot about this fight. Silva was a fckin scary dude up until this point
I think Machida took his soul with that diving punch cause Silva declined rapidly and is a minor org gatekeeper at this point.

Cerrone vs Alex Hernandez or Cerrone vs Jury... Those kicks at the end of the fight to Jury were hilarious... Both Jury and Hernandez talked so much shit and got their asses handed to them by Cowboy... Maybe not as savage as others, but great fights to watch.

Forgotten beatdown? Perhaps penn over Sanchez, since bj hasn’t looked good in so long.

Back then, penn outlanded Diego by dozens of strikes. I recall Diego landed only 8 significant strikes over the course of 5 rounds. Penn also stuffed all 27 of Diego’s takedown attempts. Finally, he finished Diego by doctor stoppage in the 5th round, first time Sanchez ever lost by tko.

That kick. Boom

Wandy vs Sak the original, beatdown was savage ..
Arona vs Sak by lad Sak took some unholy beatings in his day.
Cro Cop lighting up Heath Herrings body and he couldn't come out to the second round.
Wandy putting the pain on Rampage both times.
Rampage putting the hurtin on Chuck.

All favs of mine.

Babalu vs. Heath

...as for the earlier Randy talk: The man is respected for his character, the fact he was always game, and he was pretty much always exciting and a pleasure to watch. His record may be hit or miss, but don't forget the thrill of him defeating Vitor way back, the fact the crowd stayed in their feet for 20 min when he fought Silvia, or how he broke Ganzaga's nose with Ganzaga's knee. And he was the FIRST two division champ. He was a powerful draw for the sport in it's formitve years, and a person very easy to respect and get excited for.

*(Yeah, it's been about 10 yrs since I'd posted so I had to make a new account.)

Best part of Penn/Sanchez was BJ between rounds 4 and 5. Standing rather than sitting, bouncing, cocking his head and smiling at Diego. And Diego said BJ's cardio wouldn't hold up against him.

lawler vs trigg

lytle vs serra 2

vitor - bisping

khabib - tavares

also
20rpesn_medium.gif

Last edited:
lol pudgy Fedro comes in swinging his arms all crazy. Jones at 235-240 would destroy Fedro
He has never weighed that heavy if I'm remembering correctly. Isn't he around 220?
The most underrated beat down in MMA history is Weidman vs Munoz, and it's not close.

The Chris only allowed Munoz to land 1 total strike and 0 takedowns in 7 minutes of fighting.... Let me repeat that again. In 7 minutes of fighting Munoz landed 1 total strike and 0 takedowns. There is not a single more one-sided fight in the history of this sport.

The fight was so bad that Mark ballooned up to 300+ pounds after the fight due to depression and thought about retiring.

Rumble vs Tommy Speer
Jones vs. Matt Hammill
Tank Abbot vs John Matua
JDS vs. Roy Nelson
Cain vs. Brad Morris
GSP vs. Mayhem Miller
Awe, I was reading through everything but you beat me to GSP vs Miller. That was an insane fight, I'll always remember Mayhem smiling as hes getting his ass kicked

Back