Most under-appreciated fights in UFC history

Kimo-Varelans

P34xJKD.gif
I remember that fight being really good but im afraid to go back and watch it, because I also remembered Kimo vs TK being good but that fight sucked when I saw it again.

Jon Koppenhaver vs. Jared Rollins?

Jon Koppenhaver vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida?

War Machine vs. The Legal System? :p

Battle between two legends.... I remember Big Nog vs Randy Couture being a really good fight that no one really talks about anymore (admittedly I was pretty drunk but I remember it being a good one)

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva

Two undefeated contenders in their prime. Classic Karate vs Muay Thai clash. Classic technical striker vs brawler matchup. Ice vs Fire. And a 1st round KO right at the bell.

What more could you ask?

Yet nobody paid much attention then and it's pretty much completely forgotten now.

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva

Two undefeated contenders in their prime. Classic Karate vs Muay Thai clash. Classic technical striker vs brawler matchup. Ice vs Fire. And a 1st round KO right at the bell.

What more could you ask?

Yet nobody paid much attention then and it's pretty much completely forgotten now.

Excellent choice

Machida’s whole run to the title was awesome, Tito gave him a run for his money back then

I’d have to rewatch it to see if it matches my memory, but I remember Spencer Fisher versus Sam Stout I being the first fight I watched that just blew me away.

Excellent choice

Machida’s whole run to the title was awesome, Tito gave him a run for his money back then
Thank You, good sir.
<Gordonhat>
The fights vs Hoger, Heath, KazNak, Soko, Tito and Silva were all quite entertaining, with Shadface being the cherry on top. What a perfect run indeed!

Stephens vs Bermudez, Kampmann vs Alves, Diego vs Karo, Bonnar vs Krystof 2, Leben vs Akiyama

Battle between two legends.... I remember Big Nog vs Randy Couture being a really good fight that no one really talks about anymore (admittedly I was pretty drunk but I remember it being a good one)
Exactly what I came into the thread for. I don't know if it is truly underappreciated, because it's mentioned here and there as one of the best fights ever, but either way, I LOVED this fight. To me it's right there with Wandy/Chuck.

Back