Most under appreciated fighter in the UFC?

Who are some fighters that you think are the most under appreciated guys in the UFC?

I think Gus is so under appreciated. The guy beat the pound for pound best Jon Jones and got robbed in a decision. He should be the lhw champion right now. He then destroys Jimi Manuwa without breaking a sweat. Which should have earned him a championship fight. But no he has to fight Rumble. Gus being the great man that he is, accepts the fight and basically gets cheated out of the win when he was in complete control of the fight up until Rumble threw an illegal headbutt.

So finally UFC then decided to do what's right after screwing this guy over again and again. They finally give him his well deserved title shot against DC. Gus nearly kos DC and by some miracle fluke, DC steals the decision win.

I honestly feel bad for the guy and think he makes a serious case as the p4p number 1 right now.the funny thing is he could probably go up to hw and win the belt up there if he decided he wanted to, but he would rather fight the killers in the 205 pound division.

Wish people would give this guy a bit more respect

Are you Gus?

How on earth is Frankie underappreciated???

Same with Gus if anything both get more appreciation than deserved, special Alexander

I'll go with Raphael assuncao. Kennedy is a good pick too. Rick Story is another one.

I'll go with Massranduba. The guy is on a 6 fight win streak, give him a top 10 opponent already.

Beckan Taisumov - he's a beast, destroys his opponents and his hardly talked about and can't even get a top 15 opponent although he is on a 4 fight win streak all by stoppage.

Michael Bisping, and no one is even close.

The guy is mw champ dispite having only one eye.
He beat the no 4 p4p guy, and a few months ago 2 mws were in sherdogs p4p list, and Bisping is now the no 1 mw, and is not on that list. It is incredible how little respect the guy gets.
came in here to post this

I'd second TJ Dilllashaw. I just feel like he got pushed right out of the picture once he lost the belt, which is a shame when quite a few rematches were being given out. Also, his title run itself was great but he didn't seem to be getting the recognition he deserved for his interesting style and effectiveness. He's taken a lot of flak for moving gyms with his favourite coach which I don't think is that big of a deal, but this has affected his popularity which has affected him getting his due credit.

Michael Bisping, and no one is even close.

The guy is mw champ dispite having only one eye.
He beat the no 4 p4p guy, and a few months ago 2 mws were in sherdogs p4p list, and Bisping is now the no 1 mw, and is not on that list. It is incredible how little respect the guy gets.

Rockhold was ranked as high as #3 P4P, by the UFC for example.

Who are some fighters that you think are the most under appreciated guys in the UFC?

I think Gus is so under appreciated. The guy beat the pound for pound best Jon Jones and got robbed in a decision. He should be the lhw champion right now. He then destroys Jimi Manuwa without breaking a sweat. Which should have earned him a championship fight. But no he has to fight Rumble. Gus being the great man that he is, accepts the fight and basically gets cheated out of the win when he was in complete control of the fight up until Rumble threw an illegal headbutt.

So finally UFC then decided to do what's right after screwing this guy over again and again. They finally give him his well deserved title shot against DC. Gus nearly kos DC and by some miracle fluke, DC steals the decision win.

I honestly feel bad for the guy and think he makes a serious case as the p4p number 1 right now.the funny thing is he could probably go up to hw and win the belt up there if he decided he wanted to, but he would rather fight the killers in the 205 pound division.

20140729080359_1MG_9736.JPG

Robbie Lawler,

People questioning his victories need to take a step back and realise the fights he's given you. He's won the fight of the year three times in a row, his last two fights have been back to back GOAT fights. He marches forward with a dead behind the eyes, psycho stare and lays leather onto the opponent until either he or they have stopped moving. He talks about taking souls - it's about the closet thing to it in MMA.

Instead of questioning how many pathetic fucking points this god has gotten in a fight - you guys need to just step the fuck back and enjoy the destruction - win or lose you will get your monies worth.

DifficultCloudyAmericanrobin.gif

Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

Lawler. Guy is a defending champion, exciting as hell, never started fighting safe, yet he gets the least respect and I constantly see him being disrespected on here.
What? He might be the most beloved champ UFC. Has ever had.

I just thought of one after reading an article on a competing web site. Jorge Masvidal. 3 split decision losses that could have arguably went either way.

Back