Media Most Takedowns and ground strikes in UFC history

Khabib will break the ground strike record pretty soon. Probably even in his next 2 fights. The takedown record on the other hand is there to stay unless Khabib decides to do a couple repeats of his Trujillo fight

Prime Anderson (like prime Fedor) never lost
Yeah except for those two losses I just mentioned. Anderson was 29 when Ryo tapped him and giving good performances so you can’t argue he wasn’t in his prime and say that GSP was in his prime when both guys started to dominated after aforementioned losses. Stop being a hypocrite.

Do we really need stats to argue that GSP isn't a finisher? That's a pretty well known fact.

Yeah except for those two losses I just mentioned. Anderson was 29 when Ryo tapped him and giving good performances so you can’t argue he wasn’t in his prime and say that GSP was in his prime when both guys started to dominated after aforementioned losses. Stop being a hypocrite.
GSP had just KOd Matt Hughes (arguably his best win ever) and was the UFC WW champ when he tapped.

Silva wasn’t a champ, not in the UFC, and his ground game was lacking as he wasn’t training with the Nogueira brothers yet.

Those are the facts.

GSP had just KOd Matt Hughes (arguably his best win ever) and was the UFC WW champ when he tapped.

Silva wasn’t a champ, not in the UFC, and his ground game was lacking as he wasn’t training with the Nogueira brothers yet.

Those are the facts.
All I hear are excuses from a nuthugger. Silver was 15-2 with wins dominant wins over Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray & Carlos Newton, two of whom were very good grapplers who were unable to expose Silva’s apparent weaknesses on the ground. Those are the facts

All I hear are excuses from a nuthugger. Silver was 15-2 with wins dominant wins over Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray & Carlos Newton, two of whom were very good grapplers who were unable to expose Silva’s apparent weaknesses on the ground. Those are the facts
You know the truth

Merab Dvalishvili only has 7 UFC fights and already has the record for Takedowns in the Bantamweight division and total of 51, which is pretty insane when you think about it. He's barely behind the top 10 of all time list.

Impressive that FKL is already #10. As for most takedowns. Khabib will never be one of the top there since he doesn't need as many takedowns due to his ground control.

Prime GSP tapped to strikes to a LW

dumbass reply from a dumbass person.

what does gsp tapping to strikes have anything to do with his records/accomplishments....absolutely nothing.

people like you have no sense behind your posts simply because you hate or dislike gsp, and even though you'll probably come back and say you like him but not his fighting style, simply who gives a shit what anybody thinks including myself on fighting styles....you can have a preference but at the end of the day it's all about winning, no matter what strategy, game plan, or style you decide to use.

No one loves Georges more than me but these stats are biased towards guys with more ring time (i.e. guys who don't get finishes).

Nobody is beating the Goat number of takedown, 90, it is insane... 84 for Tibau btw, super impressive.

Merab averages 8 takedowns a fight (partly because he lets people back up a lot), I think he could get the record if he's around a while.

I'm surprised Bader is not on this list. He landed 200 in one fight against perosh. I think perosh landed 10. That fight was 30-24.

The Goat leading,Khabib have only 12 UFC fights. Is he soon number one?

View attachment 800777

Khabib only needs a couple of TD's now.
His control on the ground has gotten way better and he has turned into a finisher.

Less TD's needed plus faster finishes will make sure he won't pass that TD record.

The groundstrikes stats I see him surpassing Frankie. Although it depends on how long Frankie will stay active lol

Luckily for Khabib Bantamweights don't get held down too long.

Diego in the house with his under appreciated high school wrestling pedigree, thats whats up

Back