Most Submission Wins in UFC History

will be the first among active fighters to 10?

I say
Maia

What's impressive about Maia is that he's been doing this against top 15 guys in two different divisions for years now. The fact that he's facing top guys is also what will make it difficult for him to beat the record. Matt brown is basically a top ten present for Maia....he should pull it off.

will be the first among active fighters to 10?

I say
Maia

Maia can beat Royce's record, but his age might catch-up before that. Oliveira is a good choice too, considering how young and creative he is.

What's impressive about Maia is that he's been doing this against top 15 guys in two different divisions for years now. The fact that he's facing top guys is also what will make it difficult for him to beat the record. Matt brown is basically a top ten present for Maia....he should pull it off.
If the fight goes to the ground Maia will make quick work of Brown.

Maia can beat Royce's record, but his age might catch-up before that. Oliveira is a good choice too, considering how young and creative he is.
Good point. Oliveira is the youngest on the list and is very creative. I'll never forget that Anaconda/neck tie finish. Brilliant.

Chris Lytle and Jim Miller both have 6

I think he'll be the first active fighter to 10, at least 10

Maia's best days are likely behind him, he turns 39 in a few months. I wouldn't bet on him making it to 10 sub's even though he is a slick BJJ master.

Back