Most Submission Wins in UFC History - Who beats Royce?

Daaaaaaaaaaaa Bronx

Charles+Oliveira+Calf+Crushers+Eric+Wisely+UFC+on+Fox+2.gif

Charles+Oliveira+Guillotine+Chokes+Hatsu+Hioki+UFC+Fight+Night+Auckland.gif

Charles%2BOliveira%2BSubmits%2BNik%2BLentz%2Bby%2BGuillotine%2BChoke%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B67.gif

I would guess Oliviera or Maia, Mir wont fight for much longer

Joe Lauzon has 7 UFC submission wins and 6 were sub of the night. He is only 31 and has a good chance to beat it.

I'd assume Do Bronx. Youth and a sub hunting style makes him a safe prediction.

This is bullshit considering who he fought and you discount nonUFC competition considering most nonUFC fighters can actually defend a sub unlike those UFC from 20years ago.

Mir is UFC sub King.

Faber has 6 under the ufc banner

13 if you count WEC.

13 if you count WEC.

Since FW/BW WEC = FW/BW UFC I was thinking they maybe should count too. Many of the guys Faber subbed were better than the guys Royce was subbing too. As far as just UFC goes though I agree with Warriorscomeout, Mir is the best (not most prolific) submission guy we've seen, especially given the quality of some of them. [insertNogsubGIFhere]

13 if you count WEC.

If we're doing that then Palhares has 15 out of 24 fights, where Faber has 19 out of 40, and Joe Lauzon is 17 out of 35. All impressive.

If we're doing that then Palhares has 15 out of 24 fights, where Faber has 19 out of 40, and Joe Lauzon is 17 out of 35. All impressive.

Counting their fights in other organizations isn't the same as counting Faber's fights in WEC. WEC was the best organization for Fabers weight class when he was there. All of his subs are/were in the best organization for his weight class. The same can't be said for Lauzon or palhares.

Royce Gracie doesn't count. Most of the people he fought didn't even know what a submission was at the time he fought them.

Royce holds the record, but he isn't the most impressive on this list. He fought guys who didn't have ANY sub defense. They didn't know what sub's were! Compare that to all the other guys who are fighting guys who understand submissions and defense...and their numbers are FAR more impressive in my opinion.

People saying Royce's don't count are ridiculous.. Just because Jimmerson wore that damn glove; people think no one had a clue about anything.. Plenty of fighters in the early UFC's were aware of submission fighting/grappling. People that Royce beat had won previous fights with submissions of their own (Hackney, Severn, Shamrock,).

Im old, and have been watching this shit since UFC 2.. The old days dont get enough credit anymore!

Back