Most Submission Wins in UFC History - Who beats Royce?

It's actually 11 and i don't think anybody will break it, especially considering that they're consecutive. He'll always have his name in the record books, as it should be.

Cool so I will go arm bar and choke a bunch of 6th graders and be considered the ultimate bad ass right? I respect his skills but its a whole different world when you're on a level playing field. Royce was bringing a knife to a fist fight.

Cool so I will go arm bar and choke a bunch of 6th graders and be considered the ultimate bad ass right? I respect his skills but its a whole different world when you're on a level playing field. Royce was bringing a knife to a fist fight.

Whatever you're into, man. Just make sure they sign the waiver.

Seriously though, I consider the playing field level when each competitor is bringing their own skill set. If Gordeau had knocked out 11 guys in a row, that's fair. Just because Royce didn't know how to strike, wouldn't make the victory any less valid. Gerard just would've got there first. Martial arts wasn't as big then as it is today in the states, so each man had certain advantages.

I think you knew this already and just wanted to be different, which is also fair. That's your advantage. We don't tink how you tink.

Last edited:
Royce Gracie doesn't count. Most of the people he fought didn't even know what a submission was at the time he fought them.

Ok then Ronda Rousy does'nt count. She fights in weak division, young and marginal sport against MILF and "Z" level athleles

only one of the people on that list isn't a blackbelt in bjj or judo

Huh? Didnt Faber already break it?

Edit: He did if you count WEC fights(with 12), if you only count UFC he has 6.

Palhares has 6.

yea i should edit title im looking for who you guys think has the best chances of breaking the record, Florian has 7 but is retired so i excluded him, palhares banned from ufc right?

How many would Royce have had without his gi?

Not as many.

Royce Gracie doesn't count. Most of the people he fought didn't even know what a submission was at the time he fought them.

The guys now a days don't count since they only fight once a year and could not handle multiple fights in 1 night!

Back