Most Submission Wins in UFC History - Who beats Royce?

McBlaze

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Royce Gracie - 11

Frank Mur - 8

Nate Diaz - 8

Damien Maia - 7

Joe Lauzon - 7

Charles Oliveira - 7

Cole Miller - 7

Jim Miller - 6

Urijah Faber - 6

Jon Jones - 5

Ronda Rousey - 4

Jacare Souza - 4

Who do you guys think dethrones the sub king first if anyone?

Royce-Gracie.jpg

Last edited:
Royce Gracie doesn't count. Most of the people he fought didn't even know what a submission was at the time he fought them.

Royce Gracie doesn't count. Most of the people he fought didn't even know what a submission was at the time he fought them.

But they fought under the UFC brand, so it technically does count...

Royce was out there like the dude who first started dunking in games and the other team had no Idea what the fuck was going on

I didn't know Miller had that many. Oliveira will break the record.

Oliveira will be the first to break it. He's young as has lots of fights left.

It's actually 11 and i don't think anybody will break it, especially considering that they're consecutive. He'll always have his name in the record books, as it should be.

Is there really only 7 people with more than 4?

nope i just threw ronda and jacare in cus i think they have a decent shot, if you guys can find quality guys with 5-6 ill throw them on the list...

Olivera is getting up there with 7, he's got a shot to break Royce's record.

Diaz could if he actually wanted to fight, but probably Oliveira. Mir is too old and hasn't subbed anyone in years, I don't think he will be around long enough to break it, same w/ Maia

What a disappointment Nate is with his UFC feud, he could legit have the record if he would actually fight.

I agree with Oliveira. The chokes he pulls off are ridiculous and he's still very young and can have a long career. Mir is close but he's relying on his striking more knowadays.

Btw Jones has 5.

I agree with Oliveira. The chokes he pulls off are ridiculous and he's still very young and can have a long career. Mir is close but he's relying on his striking more knowadays.

Btw Jones has 5.

He totally counts it's not his fault that most those guys outweighed him by 50+ pounds and couldn't stop it they should have been able to knock him out

It's actually 11 and i don't think anybody will break it, especially considering that they're consecutive. He'll always have his name in the record books, as it should be.

I agree.
Royce is the submission master and nobody will break his record.

Back