Most stacked division?

Young Turkey

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have to say welterweight at the moment.

So many possible and hungry contenders... Rory, lawler, Woodley, brown, Lombard, and maybe even Dong or Saffiedine.

welter then lw

welter has hendricks, lombard, woodley, rory, lawler, condit, tarec, dong, brown, then guys like nelson, thatch, mein, pyle, laflare, kelvin g, wonderboy thompson, its an amazing division top to bottom

welter then lw

welter has hendricks, lombard, woodley, rory, lawler, condit, tarec, dong, brown, then guys like nelson, thatch, mein, pyle, laflare, kelvin g, wonderboy thompson, its an amazing division top to bottom

I agree..

welter then lw

Right I forgot Condit since he's injured but even guys like Wonderboy and Gunnar are exciting and they're not even top 10 yet. Kelvin g and thatch definitely have potential. Not so sure about Pyle and Mein tho

At least on thousand threads on this, why dont you just go look there? Even though WW, LW and FlW

Talent in MMA is a bell curve

WW is the best, LW/MW are 2nd tier, LHW/FW are 3rd tier, HW/BW/FlyW are 4th tier, WBW is amateur tier

I say Lightweight

I think Welterweight looks more stacked than it actually is because all of the guys are around the same level, but that's because they've all lost at least once very recently or haven't fought higher competition yet. Lightweight for whatever reason seems more unpredictable at this point for me.

Right I forgot Condit since he's injured but even guys like Wonderboy and Gunnar are exciting and they're not even top 10 yet. Kelvin g and thatch definitely have potential. Not so sure about Pyle and Mein tho

i mentioned mein because i feel he has a lot of potential and pyle because he has been on a solid run other than the rory and brown loses. i feel he could be a #10-15 fighter for a while even at his age

well ww and lw both have 96 fighters, while mw and fw have 64ish. but the poster who said its a bell curve, is actually pretty accurate. most stacked division changes all the time, but lw and ww are usually in top 3 most stacked. just based off numbers alone...

well ww and lw both have 96 fighters, while mw and fw have 64ish. but the poster who said its a bell curve, is actually pretty accurate. most stacked division changes all the time, but lw and ww are usually in top 3 most stacked. just based off numbers alone...

True but a little while ago, lhw was more stacked than mw

145-185 without a doubt.

Though FLYW has been exciting, atleast the top 10.

Still LW.

1. LW
2. MW
3. WW
4. FW
5. BW
6. LHW
7. FLW
8. HW
*. Fem
9. STW
10. SHW

It's still LW imo. FW and WW are probably next, and it's no coincidence.

The main contenders in the WW are mw reject, LW is clearly number one

WW and LW represent just about the center of the data set for the world's population with respect to the size of human males (in lean muscle mass after accounting for the cutting of weight). They should always be the most stacked theoretically.

Excluding all other variables excepting the number of athletes available for each weight class the distribution should look like this from top to bottom. I am considering (in my wholly unscientific analysis) the fact that good athletes on he tail containing the larger portion are often syphoned off by other sports.

1. LW,WW
2. FW
3. MW
4. BW
5. LHW
6. FLW
7. HW

FLW perhaps should be ahead of LWH (actual study needed)

For the women I would venture it should look like this:
1.SW
2. AtW
3. BW
4. FW

Back