Most stacked division in UFC

BSellers11

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This hands down used to be the Light Heavyweight division. It still has a lot of very good fighters but not what it used to be in my opinion.

In your opinion whats the best division talent wise at the moment?

There is a load of talent in the Lightweight division and I feel that the Welterweight division is also getting tougher. Weakest is flyweight as it is the newest weight class in UFC but it will get stronger with time.

www.bradsellers91.blogspot.co.uk

Welterweight followed by new contender Middleweight, then Lightweight.

welter and fly

lhw isn't that stacked to me
1. jones
2. gus
3. glover
4. davis
5. no
6. rashad
7. Henderson
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

chael, mousassi and lyoto are all going to middleweight and shogun and bader aren't top ten anymore

This hands down used to be the Light Heavyweight division. It still has a lot of very good fighters but not what it used to be in my opinion.

In your opinion whats the best division talent wise at the moment?

There is a load of talent in the Lightweight division and I feel that the Welterweight division is also getting tougher. Weakest is flyweight as it is the newest weight class in UFC but it will get stronger with time.

www.bradsellers91.blogspot.co.uk

Welterweight

Welterweight followed by new contender Middleweight, then Lightweight.

Yes WW is tops, but MW is very close.
Moose, Vitor, Chael, Machida, Jacare, not to mention AS and Weidman
plus plenty of mid levels guys like Okami, Bisping, Munoz, Belcher & Boesch

What are you guys talking about? Lightweight by a fucking sight!

Pettis
Grant
Bendo
Thompson
Melendez
Diaz
Maynard
Khabib The Eagle
Dos Anjos
Cerrone
Miller
Wiman
Dunham

Thats a fucking murderers row of fighters. Just to crack the top 10 is a feat in itself. I think people dismiss how stacked the lightweight division is because the top 4 are so damn good, but the truth is the top 15 are some bad ass dudes.

LW was the most stacked for years, but WW really stepped up this year - also the "new MW" looks great. Its really hard to tell at the moment.
If I had to pick one division I'd probably say MW simply because there is the most turmoil at the moment - you have all those new guys coming in and the top 10 is just in complete turmoil. The division has the most "I wanna watch that fight!"-options at the moment. On the other hand in terms of competition I'd still give it to LW there is no other division were the top 15 is THAT stacked with talent.
FW was pretty thin for a while, but got better this year - yet I see it a little bit behind the aformentioned. LHW on the other hand isn't that stacked anymore because some good contenders just moved to MW and because Jones is so freakin dominant. The fact that Gus just showed that its possible to drag him into deep waters doesn't change that. I doubt there are any others LHWs that can do it besides Gus.

I mean look at LHW
1. Jones
2. Gus
3. Glover
4. Davis
5. Evans - no threat to the champ, probably he'll move to MW eventually
6. No one - Machida already moved to MW
7. Lil Nog - no threat to the champ
8. Hendo - no threat to the champ
9. Mousasi - Is preping a move to MW
10. Sonnen - no threat to the champ, probably going back to MW

All not relevant for the title picture:
Shogun
Te Huna
Bader
Thiago Silva

So basically there is only Jones, Gus, Glover and Davis at the moment.

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? Lightweight by a fucking sight!

Pettis
Grant
Bendo
Thompson
Melendez
Diaz
Maynard
Khabib The Eagle
Dos Anjos
Cerrone
Miller
Wiman
Dunham

Thats a fucking murderers row of fighters. Just to crack the top 10 is a feat in itself. I think people dismiss how stacked the lightweight division is because the top 4 are so damn good, but the truth is the top 15 are some bad ass dudes.

GSP
Hendricks
Condit
Maia
MacDonald
Robbie Lawler
Saffiedine
Kampmann
Nick Diaz (still ranked although not fighting currently)
Ellenberger
Marquardt
Lombard
Matt Brown
Even dudes like Jordan Mein and Story and Woodly and Koscheck, that's a better line up in my personal opinion

featherweight-middleweight is completely stacked.

At FW aldo has 4 guys all chomping at the bit for a title shot.

At LW Pettis has 3 guys in serious contention for the belt not to mention a possible SF with aldo

At WW the entire top 10 is seriously stacked. And GSP has new challengers to keep him defending for another couple years.

At Middleweight Anderson isnt even the king anymore, and all the LHW's that dropped or is going to drop is making MW completely stacked. Guys that were ranked in the top 5 at MW arent even going to be in the hunt anymore ( guys like Bisping vitor and yushin )

4 super stacked divisions, and its really hard to decide the most stacked. In terms of talent, I give it to LW and WW, but in terms of amount of serious contenders today, i give it to FW.

LW
WW
FW
MW
BW
HW
LHW
FLW
WMMA

In that order

Back