Most stacked division ever

Which division has had the toughest top 10 or has been the most stacked and what era?
2010-2011 Heavyweight

Fedor Emelianenko
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Junior dos Santos
Antonio Nogueira
Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Fabricio Werdum
Alistair Overeem

All of the above were either champions, interim champions, or lineal champions at one point in time; find another division that ever had that in their top ten.

LHW in 2011 (early Jones era) was pretty stacked with big names, but a few were probably past prime.

Jones (LHW Goat)
Shogun (UFC Champ / Pride GP champ)
Machida (UFC Champ)
Rampage (UFC Champ)
Rashad (UFC Champ)
Hendo (2 Division Pride Champ)
Nogueira
Forrest (UFC Champ)
Bader (Future 2 Division Bellator Champ)
Phil Davis

Last edited:
My favourite division was 2011 lhw - right around the time Jones won the belt and the UFC acquired strikeforce. It had so many legends still somewhat close to their primes which was incredible:

Rua
Machida
Rampage
Hendo
Shad
Lil nog
Forrest
Even Tito had an epic performance vs Bader right around then

And then a young, dominant champion and some hot prospects
JBJ
Davis
Bader

2010-2011 Heavyweight

Fedor Emelianenko
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Junior dos Santos
Antonio Nogueira
Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Fabricio Werdum
Alistair Overeem

All of the above were either champions, interim champions, or lineal champions at one point in time; find another division that ever had that in their top ten.

the problem is they weren't fighting each other...

look at ufc lhw around 08/09

rampage
shogun
machida
evans
chuck
tito
wand
forrest
hendo

and then you had lil nog coming in, sokoudjou with all the hype behind him, and then gatekeepers like thiago silva, keith jardine, houston alexander....

The bellator LHW division is full of old past primed UFC rejects and some prospects.

People are stupid and think that Machida, Bader, Davis, Romero and Rumble are still the same fighters they were several years ago.

If Bellator makes a HW GP with Fedor, Overeem, JDS, Crocop, Vovchanchyn, Big Nogueira, Mark Hunt, and Hidehiko Yoshida people will think that Bellator’s HW division is better than UFC’s.

LOL, hence by sarcastic comment.

Which division has had the toughest top 10 or has been the most stacked and what era?

My vote is either a toss up between MW when uFC acquired strikeforce or WW during GSPs reign
Welterweight 2013, MW 2015

How did I know this was a thinly veiled GSP fellatio thread.

LHW was pretty stacked between Pride and the UFC back in the day

Chuck
Wand
Shogun
Rampage
Tito
Couture
Arona
Dan Henderson
Overeem
Vitor
Little Nog

everybody can go on wiki...

who are his top wins?

See, I made you clarify your dumb question. Try to work on that from now on. Dumb questions = dumb answers.

Kos has wins over prime undefeated Sanchez, Lytle, Rumble Johnson, Daley and Mike Pierce.

Now i presume that you uneducated fool will claim these guys aren't good?

See, I made you clarify your dumb question. Try to work on that from now on. Dumb questions = dumb answers.

Kos has wins over prime undefeated Sanchez, Lytle, Rumble Johnson, Daley and Mike Pierce.

Now i presume that you uneducated fool will claim these guys aren't good?

what did they accomplish as wws?

I mean the HW division during the Strikeforce GP was pretty stacked. Crazy that all these guys were in the same tournament:

Fedor
Bigfoot (juiced to the gills)
Ubereem
Werdum
Cormier
Arlovski
Barnett
Rogers

then you had Carwin, JDS, Cain, Brock in the UFC

2010-2011 Heavyweight

Fedor Emelianenko
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Junior dos Santos
Antonio Nogueira
Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Fabricio Werdum
Alistair Overeem

stipe also was in the ufc at that time. he fought on the main card when ufc did that all HW main card ppv

HW or LHW

It’s not like AA and Glover are still winning like they did back in the day when the divisions were shit

LHW 2007-2012. This is why Jones is the GOAT.

Hardy wasn't p4p, Alves was. And what a weak argument.

You're making a fool out of yourself and showing your ignorance if you think the 200 pounds steroid-infused Thiago is the same fighter than the deflated guy who made an attempt in the 155 division.

Just admit you didn't know MMA at that time.
I really thought Thiago was gonna beat GSP. He really looked so fucking good and was finishing everyone besides Kos. I really thought GSP met his match. Then GSP just wrestle fucked him into Bolivian.

Back