Miller
Ferguson
Green
Guida
Barboza
Khabib

1v38Kbo.png

That was MW near the end of 2014 after Weidman just KO'd the spider

In my opinion it was welterweight around the time GSP "retired", 2013-2014.
GSP, Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, Lombard, MacDonald, Shields, Condit, Gastelum, Wonderboy, Brown, Maia, ...

I love GSP, but in my opinion he retired because he felt that eventually he was going to lose fending off some of these monsters.
Can't blame him, USADA completely ruined a lot of these fighters that were surging at that time.

In my opinion it was welterweight around the time GSP "retired", 2013-2014.
GSP, Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, Lombard, MacDonald, Shields, Condit, Gastelum, Wonderboy, Brown, Maia, ...

I love GSP, but in my opinion he retired because he felt that eventually he was going to lose fending off some of these monsters.
Can't blame him, USADA completely ruined a lot of these fighters that were surging at that time.

He retired because he was getting older and losing a step. Plus he was mentally exhausted. The opponent that gave him trouble was Hendricks. Even towards the end of his reign GSP would have easily defeated the likes of Brown, Maia, Wonderboy, Rory, ect just like he did Condit and Shields.

WW during GSP’s reign consisted of one dimensional fighters and natural LWs until well rounded WWs like prime Hendricks, Rory, Lawler, and Woodley came along.

LW division of a couple of years ago and LHW in Pride were stacked.
Yet it still dwarfed MW during anderoids reign....and, you're wrong<JonesDXSuckIt>

05 Heavyweight division

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Hunt
Sergei
Mir
Rizzo
Arlovski
Sylvia
Rodriguez
Randleman
Coleman
Aleks
Herring

World champion kickboxers, Olympic wrestlers, Sambo champions and some of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen. Truly the golden age of Heavyweight

I would say LW. Especially without Khabib, the top op the division is really close.

Yoel wasn't top 10 during the Strikeforce merger, it took him a little more time to get there.

Not right away but only took him a year. He was top 15 heading into the Tavares fight and top 10 afterwards and heading into the Kennedy fight

Which division has had the toughest top 10 or has been the most stacked and what era?

My vote is either a toss up between MW when uFC acquired strikeforce or WW during GSPs reign
WW gsp era was extremely weak.

everyone was one dimensional.

05 Heavyweight division

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Hunt
Sergei
Mir
Rizzo
Arlovski
Sylvia
Rodriguez
Randleman
Coleman
Aleks
Herring

World champion kickboxers, Olympic wrestlers, Sambo champions and some of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen. Truly the golden age of Heavyweight

Don't forget Semmy, Werdum and Fujita but damn what a division. TK, Goodridge, Monson, Assuerio, Yoshida, Ibragim, Zentsov were decent fighters too. I think Reem was gonna move up at the end of the year too and while Igor was well past his best he was still pretty good

UFC's LW between 2017 and now is the most stacked mma division in any org in any era and it's not even close.

UFC Welterweight in 2013 after Strikeforce was assimilated:

GSP
Hendricks
Condit
Lawler
Nick Diaz
Rory MacDonald
Woodley
Shields
Maia
Fitch
Koscheck
Kampmann
Alves
Wonderboy
Lombard
Ellenberger
Matt Brown

Absolutely stacked.

Current bantamweight or featherweight a few years ago

Seems like the methodical approach would be to find the most stacked era of EACH UFC division first, then prioritize those.

I'll start with an easy one:
HW 2012 - For a very brief period the UFC had:
JDS
Cain
Overeem
Werdum
Mir
Big Nog
Lesnar
Carwin
Bigfoot Silva
Hunt

But soon Brock left, Overeem tested +, Carwin retired, Cain got injured and Bigfoot started losing.

Seems like the methodical approach would be to find the most stacked era of EACH UFC division first, then prioritize those.

I'll start with an easy one:
HW 2012 - For a very brief period the UFC had:
JDS
Cain
Overeem
Werdum
Mir
Big Nog
Lesnar
Carwin
Bigfoot Silva
Hunt

But soon Brock left, Overeem tested +, Carwin retired, Cain got injured and Bigfoot started losing.
I was about to make a post about hw in response to 2005 hw

In 05 unfortunately most of them were not in the same organization

This is a great summary of the most stacked hw era within a single organization

Heavyweights (UFC, Strikeforce, DREAM, K-1) in 2009-2012

Fedor
Brock
Carwin
JDS
Cain
UBEReem
Werdum
Mir