Media Most significant head strikes absorbed in UFC history.

What counts as significant strikes? Just clean shots to the head - those could be pitty pat in the clinch or lay-n-pray strikes (doing just enough to not get stood up) - or shots that have them rocked?
Yeah, the way "significant strikes" are counted seems to be very sketchy. I see the charts they put up at the end of fights and wonder who the hell is doing the counting.

1 and 3-10 i can understand since they all have a million miles on them but Max being at #2 is absolutely terrifying, hes only 29 in December ffs.

I'd also like to see this as a per fight metric. Pls do the math and get back to us. I will give you 3 likes. We can negotiate as well. I'm willing to go as high as 10 likes.

Let's say he takes 1000 dicks in his ass over 10 orgies and another 1000 dicks over 20 orgies. The first instance tells me he's a real go getter, and the second that he's just lazy. Maybe his fartbox has CTE from the first 1000 dicks.

But like he said.. 1000 dicks is a 1000 dicks. Listen to the man. He sounds like he has experience in this subject area.

Greatest post ever. I am dieing Bro

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

You could be the GOAT Teacher.

Reactions: 613
This is probably the main reason why Cerrone should retire. He's taken too much head shots.

And people out here calling nate diaz a punching bag smh idiots. He's not even on the list.

Holloway at #2 surprised me. His defense isn't great but when I think of Holloway fights I think of him throwing insane volume and his opponents being overwhelmed.

RDA at 6 surprised be. I knew his defense isn't great but I don't remember him getting hit all that much

Usman landed a lot of clinch strikes.

Man Donald Cerrone needs to learn how to save money. That ranch ain’t gonna mean shit if you don’t know where the hell you are because of CTE.

I feel bad for LOLing hard at this

not one diaz? tf?

Holloway at #2 surprised me. His defense isn't great but when I think of Holloway fights I think of him throwing insane volume and his opponents being overwhelmed.

Usman landed a lot of clinch strikes.
no its his chin too. dude has eaten many clean overhands for his age. people remember the ortega beatdown, but they dont remember the couple power punches he landed. same for aldo who actually fucked max up early in both fights. i think it was thefirst but aldo landed a flush flying knee if i remember right. on another note, has maxe ever been dropped? i know porrier clocked him but did he fall?

1 and 3-10 i can understand since they all have a million miles on them but Max being at #2 is absolutely terrifying, hes only 29 in December ffs.

Its quite worrying to see several former champs up there, there does seem to have been a shift over the last decade away from avoiding strikes to trying to see them coming but I wonder what the after effects will be?

brian ortega vs max holloway i believe
that or a diego sanchez or roy nelson fight

And people out here calling nate diaz a punching bag smh idiots. He's not even on the list.
nate is a finisher. as a fan i am surprised, but nate finishes fools. alot of the heavy punchers at 155 too. melvin g, michael johnson, conor(yeah 170), maynard,davis,cerrone(landed alot of clean counters and even a head kick that dropped nate in round 2)

Lawler has 18 fights between his 2 ufc careers,
uh I meant opportunities.
Holloway only had 4 fights outside of the UFC

Cerrone might have been out the top 10 if not for the Diaz fight. He would have 787

This may be one of the stupidest posts ever posted on sherdog

getting hit in the head 800 times is perfectly fine.

that’s literally how retarded this topic is.

I'm glad you said because I was going to.

How can one not understand 800 strikes over 10 fights is significantly worse than 800 over 20 fights. Yes 800 strikes is 800 strikes, but the time frame in which they were absorbed matters.

Let's say he takes 1000 dicks in his ass over 10 orgies and another 1000 dicks over 20 orgies. The first instance tells me he's a real go getter, and the second that he's just lazy. Maybe his fartbox has CTE from the first 1000 dicks.

But like he said.. 1000 dicks is a 1000 dicks. Listen to the man. He sounds like he has experience in this subject area.

...lol? You’re really bad at this and should prolly just log out

Kinda surprised myself, but Nate has "only" fought 63 rounds in the UFC. A guy like RDS is at 86 rounds, #10 on that list Ross Pearson has fought 69 rounds, etc. And for all we know Nate could be #11

Back