Media Most significant head strikes absorbed in UFC history.

Cowboy is in anyway you can look it awful, he fights very often and you can be sure he ain't rolling with those punches, its scary how much damage he has taken
Doesn't help that he constantly busts himself up outside the cage too. He has to be the most damaged fighter in ufc history

Between the CTE that might very well await him (assuming he doesn't already have it) and the amount of damage he's sustained to the rest of his body -- related to fighting or otherwise -- I really worry for Cerrone's quality of life once he retires.

I hope the ride's been worth it for him. I guess the only person in a position to judge is the man himself and he doesn't seem to have any regrets, so there's that.

Max “master of distance control” Holloway

1 and 3-10 i can understand since they all have a million miles on them but Max being at #2 is absolutely terrifying, hes only 29 in December ffs.

A lot of guys in the list that like to keep it on the feet and win with volume striking. Dangerous game to play as you are in for some long fights and bound to trade punches.

I'm wondering if most significant landed doesn't include some of the same dudes like Frankie, Cerronne, Max etc???

Fun fact: Lawler almost absorbed more strikes in the 2 Hendricks fights and Condit fight than nearly all of GSP's UFC career.

Imagine taking a thousand plus televised “hard” (statistically) punches to the head in your career. That’s a lot man.... will be telling to check this list back ten years from now and interview all the fighters from it see if there’s any similarities.....

Man Donald Cerrone needs to learn how to save money. That ranch ain’t gonna mean shit if you don’t know where the hell you are because of CTE.

Didnt he say he was a trustfund baby with millions?

I just think guys like Holloway fought long fights, five rounds, numerous times, against high volume strikers.

doesn’t necessarily mean he’s taking too much abuse. Other guys with less strikes absorbed could be knocked out brutally

What counts as significant strikes? Just clean shots to the head - those could be pitty pat in the clinch or lay-n-pray strikes (doing just enough to not get stood up) - or shots that have them rocked?

Man, I’m sad to see Frankie has taken that many strikes, it never occurred to me he took that many, but then.. he has fought a long time.

This may be one of the stupidest posts ever posted on sherdog

I'm glad you said because I was going to.

How can one not understand 800 strikes over 10 fights is significantly worse than 800 over 20 fights. Yes 800 strikes is 800 strikes, but the time frame in which they were absorbed matters.

Let's say he takes 1000 dicks in his ass over 10 orgies and another 1000 dicks over 20 orgies. The first instance tells me he's a real go getter, and the second that he's just lazy. Maybe his fartbox has CTE from the first 1000 dicks.

But like he said.. 1000 dicks is a 1000 dicks. Listen to the man. He sounds like he has experience in this subject area.

Back