Media Most significant head strikes absorbed in UFC history.

Man Donald Cerrone needs to learn how to save money. That ranch ain’t gonna mean shit if you don’t know where the hell you are because of CTE.
Man the worst part is he doesn't need it. He's got a trust fund from like his grandparents or something. He never needed to fight but he said he wanted to earn his own money too

Max is gonna hold that #1 spot for a while in the future.

He probably still got a dozen good fights in him while all the others are either retired or on their way out.

Those 5 round losses against Usman, Covington, Edwards, and Ferguson must’ve added a lot. Eddie swarming him with a standing tko couldn’t have helped either.
He took alot of blows in the ferg fight thats for sure.
A lot of those strikes can come from the ground strikes.
I don’t think you can judge someone’s defense based on this stat alone. He was in a ton of decision fights incl. multiple 5-rounders.

Would be nice to know strikes per minute / per round to better assess it
Yeah RDA has had tons of fights so it's not as bad as his placement would suggest. 815 strikes/29 fights is only about 28 per fight. A couple of his five rounders probably inflated his numbers quite a bit

Last edited:
Yeah RDA has had tons of fights so it's not as bad as his placement would suggest. 815 strikes/29 fights is only about 28 per fight. A couple of his fight rounders probably inflated his numbers quite a bit

now lets think about total strikes every absorbed in the head between training-fights

if 815 is just what's happened in the fight, what is the real number outside the ring?
100x?
400x?

now lets think about total strikes every absorbed in the head between training-fights

if 815 is just what's happened in the fight, what is the real number outside the ring?
100x?
400x?
Oh God if we're going to estimate sparring then all of them would be well over 20000

Last edited:
what’s worse 800 strikes or 800 strikes

that’s still 800 strikes

sound logic, bud
Lol come on now man, I know math isn't a sherbro speciality but I'm sure you should have an issue busting out a calculator and seeing the significant difference in strikes absorbed per fight

815*2000= 1.63m

1.63m/365 = 4,465 strikes to the head if 1 year

4465/20 = 223 strikes to the head a day over a 20 year career
Well you'd have to take a lot of that out due to mandatory rest after fights, voluntary rest, lay offs due to injuries, and training days with no sparring

It'd be hard to find a fighter with a number less than 50,000

I wonder which fighter has taken the most significant punches in a single ufc fight.

Max is one of the better boxers. He rolls with a lot of those punches anyways and they graze his head.
Thats true though, its definitly not a healthy amount of head shots he's taken but there is a difference between the shots max takes and the shots cerrone takes

Back