Most Re-playable Games?

Damn i think i played Kotor 1,2 like 50 times

For hours logged, in no order: Skyrim, Fallout NV, Rome Total War, Tetris, Pharaoh, Starcraft 2, Civ 5. All very replayable.

Personally I wouldn't include games like civilization or total war in this discussion because you are meant to replay them by their nature.

I think I replayed the original MGS like 10 times.

Also the timesplitters games were great for replaying with lots of different optional goals and difficulty levels.

Medal of Honor Allied assault I also played through like 6-7 times.

Anything that gives me consistently different play-throughs. A lot of the time that means strategy games or RPGs.

Hearts of Iron 4: 1200 hours
Civ 5: 460 hours
Fallout 4: 303 hours
Civ 6: 207 hours
Prison Architect: 174 hours
Cities Skylines: 160 hours
Transport Fever: 151 hours
Stardew Valley: 71 hours

Give or take - there's some unearned hours in there for sure where I left the game running while I ran to the store or something (especially Transport Fever, that game takes forever to load and when it finally does, it doesn't begin paused - so if you step away to grab a drink while the game loads it will get away from you).

Witcher 3. The DLC alone has better replay value than most games.

Dark Souls games are very replayable. They have mechanics to encourage it.

Lots of games have a "new game +" with harder enemies unlocked after you complete it..... the dark souls games take this to the extreme with new game+2, and 3, all the way up to 7.

On top of that, it's fun to start completely from scratch as the game allows for some quite varied character builds.

I've done more play throughs of Demon's Souls, dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 than I can even count.

Chrono Trigger is the first one to come to mind. There are like 14 different endings.

I dont know if it was so much "fix the game" as it was just adding a lot more stuff to do and tweaking the procedural system to give people a lot more of what they want to see.

Also if you take a year after releasing the game to actually deliver the game that’s bad. It’s good they fixed it but what a dick move of them to have that much to fix in the first place. It’s like they sold people a tree and a year later whittled it into blocks.

I forgot how replayable Link to the Past is, it’s weird because you forget it just enough that it feels fresh.

Crusader Kings 2. You never have to fuck the same cousin twice.

Also if you take a year after releasing the game to actually deliver the game that’s bad. It’s good they fixed it but what a dick move of them to have that much to fix in the first place. It’s like they sold people a tree and a year later whittled it into blocks.

They definitely were in over their heads and over-promised during the hype cycle, but think of it this way: They could've just said fuck it, and taken the money and run. They deserved every bit of criticism they got for releasing a shit heap, BUT, at least they cared enough to fix it and deliver on what they initially promised. Didn't charge a dime while doing it either. That is more than I can say for a lot of other, more established developers. Honestly, I think it's a good redemption story.

I love strategy type of games so Ive played the following multiple times over maybe a 10-15 year period.

Advance wars on the gameboy advance, played it on PC as a ROM and on my cellphone as a ROM also.

Front Mission 4 on PS1, played it on psp and bought it again and finished it on Vita.

I also love playing street fighter alpha III aswell as Capcom vs snk 1 and 2 .

For some weird reason even if I still play 2-3 hrs a day it doesnt seem as fun anymore, like I enjoyed BF4 but BF1 and BFV while ok doesnt seem to draw me over as much anymore.

Bioware games pre the downfall.

Dragon age origins at least 5 times
Kotor 1 &2 the same.

ME 2 and jade empire I have played about 8 times always going back every other year or so. Liaras is the best girl for the trilogy with jack a close second, loved both arcs but man liaras convos in 3 was stunning.

Diablo 2 & 3 all chapters max level and got all the way up in torment a year ago.

Wow had me with every character to the then max of 80 at the time. No special jumpnuos all playthrews.

Borderlands 2 also has a crazy amount of plyrhrews as well krieg is God.

They definitely were in over their heads and over-promised during the hype cycle, but think of it this way: They could've just said fuck it, and taken the money and run. They deserved every bit of criticism they got for releasing a shit heap, BUT, at least they cared enough to fix it and deliver on what they initially promised. Didn't charge a dime while doing it either. That is more than I can say for a lot of other, more established developers. Honestly, I think it's a good redemption story.

They deserve credit but they’re still in the negative, consumer relation-wise. I get the publisher was pressuring them to go big and that this is irrelevant to anyone playing it today but I’m going to be suspicious for a long time toward any future projects the studio does.

If they really want to get in people’s good graces they’ll make another ambitious game that’s finished when it ships. That’ll be the real test of their growth and attitude.

Dishonored 1, 2, and Death of the Outsider are EXTREMELY re-playable. I played those games to death when they came out and every now and again I'll run through the "trilogy" again and bust out a couple of homicidal runs followed by a non-lethal ghost run. Funny enough I sometimes still find new ways of doing things which is intriguing.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are obviously worthy of mention. I'm a console guy, but I ended up getting KOTOR 2 (recently) for PC and installed the Lost Content Mod and it was fun. Not a ton of new stuff but lots of things were surprises and overall it gave the story a bit more credence. Something that really surprised me was the hiding Jedi Padawan in the Ruins on Dantooine...had no idea that was in the game at all, pretty cool.

Tons of FPS games would also be on my list like the Halo Trilogy plus Reach (even ODST is a fun little "side game"). Bioshock 1 & 2 are amazing and I love everything about them...probably 20 playthroughs over the years. Orange Box sees at least an annual playthrough just for shits and giggles.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are the pinnacle of Star Wars games and those also see roughly an annual playthrough. These games EASILY are the best Star Wars games showcasing the light sabers. Sure, they're not perfect, but these games actually make you feel like you have a light saber rather than a glowing sword like so many other Star Wars games.

I just realized nobody has mentioned Deus Ex yet.

That was one of the first really good examples of games with a branching storyline where you absolutely have to do multiple playthroughs to see all the different paths your decisions can take you.

Technically I'd say those where you compete against other people, building games like Cities Skylines / Minecraft and games that create playing areas randomly.

Back