Most Re-playable Games?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Right now, I am playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey (which I wrongly critiqued before playing) and am really enjoying. It reminds me somewhat of how much I enjoyed AC: Origins, and am thinking playing it again soon (maybe in a few months).

I will definitely replay God of War to try and get the platinum. I usually replay some games leading up to their sequels; eg, Last of Us, Uncharted etc.

I tried starting a new play-through of Fallout 4 right after I completed the main story, and tried to replay it and the DLC, but I just got too bored with it. But now, after around 3 years, I am enjoying it a lot more.

I am debating whether to buy Dark Souls again, for I am really burned out on it. But really considering buying Bloodborne again.

What games have you replayed? did you have the same enjoyment and satisfaction levels as before?

What games have you replayed? did you have the same enjoyment and satisfaction levels as before?

Mass Effect 2

I've played through it at least seven or eight times, trying to get different results from the finale.

*Everyone Survives*
*Everyone Dies, including Shepard*
*Everyone Survives, but the characters I don't like. So I don't play their loyalty mission and have them in roles that will get them killed.*
*Everyone Dies, but Shepard and two or three other characters I really like. So I play their loyalty missions and put them in roles that guarantee they live.*

That ending literally has dozens and dozens of possibilities.

Super Mario.

Wii sports resort

Super punch out

Injustice

Virtue fighter 5

Wii play

Only game ive ever played through twice i can remember is Horizon zero dawn. They let you play through it again but keep all your stuff

Super Meat Boy is probably my most replayed single-player game.

Back when I played it, I would pull a prank at college parties. It was all the rage back then as a super hard platformer. So whenever my buddy would throw a party, we'd do a SMB drinking game. Every time I died in the game, people would drink.

The punchline being that I could speed run the game in under twenty minutes without dying.

Super Mario is defintely at the top.

Street fighter

Not counting sports and arcade games, my most replayable games would be:

Bethesda Triple Threat: Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3 - It's pretty hard to top Bethesda in how they craft worlds and gameplay that can feel fresh every time you boot it up. The stories get old, but the exploration and customization is always as good as it gets.

Final Fantasy VII - Might be personal, but I don't think I'm alone in having originally played this at just the right age, to have all of it burned into my brain, to the point where it's basically a feel good nostalgia machine. From the opening scene, when that classic OST hits, I'm hooked. It grabs me every single time, and while I may not always play it until the very end, it usually cranks a 40-50 hours out of me, before I put it aside.

Bioshock Infinite - I just love everything about this game. Another game that just immediately grabs me from the opening sequence, and puts me into a world that never gets old. The combat can get a little repetitive and boring though. That's my only complaint. I wish they went a little less shooter heavy, and made it more of an RPG, or at least refined the combat so that it didn't feel like a basic arena shooter all the time.

The Last Of Us - All around perfect game, that again, grabs you from the beginning and never lets go. There's a common theme here. A great opening to a story based game, can make all the difference in the world.

Diablo 3 - Haters gonna hate, but I don't demand too much from these games like a lot of more hardcore folks. This ARPG just hit all the right notes for me, and is one of the only games that I platinum'd. Must've put at least 250 hours into it, which is a LOT for me. I did eventually grow tired of it though, and now I can't really get into these games anymore. D3 totally burned me out.

Skyrim and the Saints Row series never gets old for me. I love exploring open worlds even when I’ve been in them countless amount of times, and of the course the pure mayhem you can create in Saints Row.

Super Smash Bros and other party games like Mario Kart and Knight Squad never get old too. True fighting games also make great party games that age well especially the newer SoulCalibur games since you can mess around with the creation suite.

I can always play Diablo 2 and Sim City 3000 too

I always loved the replayability of old games like DOOM and GoldenEye 007 that were stuffed with cheats/secrets and actually changed with each difficulty level (more enemies/objectives). It also didn't take forever to hop in and start playing. DOOM had no cutscenes what-so-ever, and you could skip every single one in GoldenEye. One of the biggest reasons I hate replaying games today is it takes so goddamned long just to get started.

Until I got a pc like 6 years ago, I replayed games all the time. Not really anymore. Too much of a backlog. I've played through GTA V three times, Max Payne 3 like 4-5 times, Dying Light a couple, and probably nothing else.

Doom 2016 - I've beaten it 3 times, twice on Nightmare, second Nightmare run with no HUD nor glory kill indicator

KOTOR 1 & 2 - Beaten the second twice (probably put in over 160 hours total), will probably replay the first some day

Dishonored 1 & 2 are very replayable

MGS 1-3 - Pretty sure I've beaten them all at least twice, the first one several times

Probably the Thief games (still need to get through them)

off the top of my head.

Basically any game with great gameplay that can be played through in different ways. Other than that I don't tend to replay games; too little time, too long of backlog. I like to move on to new things.

Diablo 3 - Haters gonna hate, but I don't demand too much from these games like a lot of more hardcore folks. This ARPG just hit all the right notes for me, and is one of the only games that I platinum'd. Must've put at least 250 hours into it, which is a LOT for me. I did eventually grow tired of it though, and now I can't really get into these games anymore. D3 totally burned me out.

What's weird is all the haters I've talked to have put hundreds of hours into it. I mean, it can't be that bad.

What's weird is all the haters I've talked to have put hundreds of hours into it. I mean, it can't be that bad.
Yeah, hundreds of hours waiting for the servers to finally work
<Oku02>
2484613-error+37.jpg

...it was absolutely terrible. seriously. terrible. the plot/etc was garbage, the itemization was garbage, the combat mechanics were dumbed down... i dealt with it to get to endgame. then realized there was no actual endgame. it was seriously a dumpster fire of a game.

and realistically, 'party-tier' games like mario kart/smash/early FPS would win this by default. those aside, i'd say sotn.

Yeah, I've noticed that with ARPG's, it's hardcore or bust with a lot of folks. Unless you can squeeze 3 years worth of hours out of it, it's shit.

...it was absolutely terrible. seriously. terrible. the plot/etc was garbage, the itemization was garbage, the combat mechanics were dumbed down... i dealt with it to get to endgame. then realized there was no actual endgame. it was seriously a dumpster fire of a game.

and realistically, 'party-tier' games like mario kart/smash/early FPS would win this by default. those aside, i'd say sotn.

How many hours did you put in it?

i dunno, however long it took to clear inferno. i bailed on the game after about a week.

street fighter 3rd strike for me. I can spend hours still playing that game.

Mass Effect 2

I've played through it at least seven or eight times, trying to get different results from the finale.

*Everyone Survives*
*Everyone Dies, including Shepard*
*Everyone Survives, but the characters I don't like. So I don't play their loyalty mission and have them in roles that will get them killed.*
*Everyone Dies, but Shepard and two or three other characters I really like. So I play their loyalty missions and put them in roles that guarantee they live.*

That ending literally has dozens and dozens of possibilities.

I've replayed the ME trilogy loads of times and exactly the same each time. I don't like change. I tried a renegade run but as soon as Shep punched out the crazy retard on Eden Prime 10 minutes into the game I was like 'I don't even know you anymore' and I quit immediately and started another paragon run. Plus Liara 4 lyfe.

But I agree it's endlessly replayable. I'll probably do an ME trilogy replay at least once a year for the rest of my life or some shit

Back