Most punches landed on Fury in a 12 round fight

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
WALLIN IS GOD

uxj5mo1uq1q41.jpg

Otto Wallin actually fought Fury how you're supposed to fight a guy like Fury. Throw a shit load of punches at whatever part of his body is there and don't back up. Pressure is how you beat a guy like that.

(assuming we're talking the more mobile version of Fury than the guy who fought wilder the second time)

The man who can beat Corona

200px-OttoWallin651121.jpeg

SAVE US OTTO!!!

Nobody finds it odd that his two best opponents (Klitschko & Wilder) each landed much less than Wallin did? Even both of them combined landed a handful of punches less than Wallin. That's strongly indicative of Fury fighting to the level of his opposition but rising to the occasion against stronger opposition. That or he just underestimated Wallin.

Nobody finds it odd that his two best opponents (Klitschko & Wilder) each landed much less than Wallin did? Even both of them combined landed a handful of punches less than Wallin. That's strongly indicative of Fury fighting to the level of his opposition but rising to the occasion against stronger opposition. That or he just underestimated Wallin.
Tbh, I just think Wallin is a decent fighter who throws a lot of punches, and that cut really put the pressure on Fury to have to grind thru take some shots out of his comfort zone that as Seano mentioned he was already doing a pretty good job of making a bit uncomfortable in the first place. He's a good fighter and that cut on Fury was rough. That, and I think you make a good point about fighting to the level of his comp at times.

Tbh, I just think Wallin is a decent fighter who throws a lot of punches, and that cut really put the pressure on Fury to have to grind thru take some shots out of his comfort zone that as Seano mentioned he was already doing a pretty good job of making a bit uncomfortable in the first place. He's a good fighter and that cut on Fury was rough. That, and I think you make a good point about fighting to the level of his comp at times.
Yeah Wallin seems to have decent skills and he had a good gameplan. I'll have to rewatch the Wallin fight to see how many of those shots were harder to see coming due to Fury's nasty cut that was bleeding into his eye. For the back half of the fight Fury took it to Wallin though which the stats won't show. You're usually going to get hit more when you do that.

Statistically speaking Conor did well against Floyd by landing the second most punches ever against him (if memory serves) and at the same percentage as Maidana did in the first fight. I don't read too much into punch stats but they're interesting to review.

I think Fury often fights to the level of his opposition

Otto Wallin actually fought Fury how you're supposed to fight a guy like Fury. Throw a shit load of punches at whatever part of his body is there and don't back up. Pressure is how you beat a guy like that.

(assuming we're talking the more mobile version of Fury than the guy who fought wilder the second time)

That, and Wallin is probably better than most seem to think too.

Exactly. Chisora landed second highest on Fury so is he better than Wlad and Wilder? Or is it that Fury fights to the level of his opposition?

Exactly. Chisora landed second highest on Fury so is he better than Wlad and Wilder? Or is it that Fury fights to the level of his opposition?
That was the first fight with Chisora in 2011 when Fury was still green, actually seen as the underdog and took his zero.

That was the first fight with Chisora in 2011 when Fury was still green, actually seen as the underdog and took his zero.
Yeah sure but Chisora was still seen as a nearly man at that time, he'd only had 15 fights himself. His best win was against a very shot Danny Williams. Fury however owned him in the second fight undoubtedly. Still Fury won by a big margin in that first first though.

How about we give the undefeated young man his credit? I’d be proud af if Otto was my son.

John Mcdermott should be on that list, he hit Fury plenty more than most of those guys.

Not really. Wilder is a low output guy who waits on the perfect shot. Wlad's problem was two fold in that he wasn't used to a guy that size and seemed like he's at a point where he can't really pull the trigger. I haven't seen but a few of Wallin's fights but what he showed against Fury just seems to be his style.

Not really. Wilder is a low output guy who waits on the perfect shot. Wlad's problem was two fold in that he wasn't used to a guy that size and seemed like he's at a point where he can't really pull the trigger. I haven't seen but a few of Wallin's fights but what he showed against Fury just seems to be his style.
Wlad definitely wasn't used to guys that size especially with Fury's reach and height advantage. And yeah, Wlad's been gun shy for a while now. He was cautious against Fury. Wallin had the smarter gameplan against Fury than Wlad but it doesn't entirely explain the punch stats, at least not to me. Wallin being a southpaw seemed to help his case as well. I'd say there's a significant difference and not just statistically between how Fury treats high class opponents (serious opposition) compared to lesser opponents like Wallin. Wallin being higher output than many of Fury's other opponents and being a southpaw with the right gameplan could explain the punch stats but it looks to me like there's more to it (Fury underestimating opponents and/or fighting to their level).

Wallin deserves credit for his performance either way but how much should he be given? Not everybody thought he did as well as this forum did. BoxingScene only gave him two rounds. https://www.boxingscene.com/scorecards/Tyson-Fury-vs-Otto-Wallin--331

Fury landed once on Fury.

Fury landed once on Fury.
it was a good shot but i am more concerned about the abuse he puts himself through outside the ring.. its said that more damage is done to a fighter thru camp then the ring..

Fury change his style vs Wallin, he was going to KO him.

Back