Most Prestigious Boxing championship

saboona

White Belt
Reaction score
Plase mind my ignorance people, but Now that Chad will fight Pascal for the WBA championship tomorrow.
I wanted to know which is the most Prestigious Boxing championship. Because i always hear of several ones.
Is there one that most Boxers dream of, or are they all equally important?

I think Pascal vs Dawson is for the WBC belt.

There are 4 major organizations that are considered world championship belts, the WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF. All are about the same in prestige these days, but some have more history than others.

-The World Boxing Association (WBA), founded in 1921 as the National Boxing Association (NBA); it changed its name in 1961 and allowed membership from outside the USA.

-The World Boxing Council (WBC), founded in 1963.

-The International Boxing Federation (IBF), founded in 1983.

-The World Boxing Organization (WBO), founded in 1988.

I don't really care at all about the belts. If you follow the sport regularly it's not that hard to follow who the best fighters in the division are, regardless of which belt they have.

Thanks dude!
but i guess the older it is the more prestigious it becomes.

The peoples champ

there are so many belts these days, that they do not define the champ anymore. The fans recognize a person as the best and that's who I consider champ of each division.

The ring the others are stepping stones

I remember when George Foreman was doing commentary and Larry Merchant said something along the lines of "Worthless Belts" and Big George got kinda pissy replying that he fought hard and won a couple of those "Worthless Belts".

Was classic.

If it's unified it's worth something, otherwise who fucking cares.

If I had to have just one, it'd be the WBC.

No one alaphbet belt matters alone (WBA, WBC, IBF, etc...) and they make it almost impossible to unify the belts with rediclious rankings and rules that vary with each organization. I think ring magazine is usually pretty good about thier Champions in each divisionm but it's a shame with all the titles around and how it's almost impossible to unify the belts that we can't a better idea of whos number 1.

I always like to think the top 3 were WBC, WBA, IBF. When i was a kid i always thought the WBO belt was for only fighters that fought on usa's tuesday night fights and the NABO was for youngsters, hahahahaha.

I always like to think the top 3 were WBC, WBA, IBF. When i was a kid i always thought the WBO belt was for only fighters that fought on usa's tuesday night fights and the NABO was for youngsters, hahahahaha.

The IBO title has become the new WBO title these days.

the ring is considered up there, for the reasons on how it crowns its champions

Back