Most Popular Ever

Chuck would get the nod.

He was the first ever mixed martial artist I knew by name anyway.

people from Brazil will answer Anderson, Wand, Nog, Shogun or Vitor. In Canada it's GSP. Hawaiians will vote Penn. Ireland chooses Conor, Sweden Gus, Croatia Cro Cop, Russia Fedor, Japan Sakuraba.

while Americans are mostly impartial to this and have a lot of voters. I'm guessing most of those would answer Chuck or Tito.

Not even close.
He has a strong cult following among the hardcore fans but he is not a popular fighter when u take all fans into consideration.

He headlined 2 PPVs for affliction that did 90k and 100k while having amazingly strong undercards.

Fedor is one of the GOATS and might be one of the favorites of the small hardcore contingent of MMA fans but for the more casual fans he is no where near the top which represents the overall fan base imo.

GSP, Chuck, Silva, and Brock probably had the most casual appeal/popularity. Fedor is probably the most popular among among hard cores though.

Before I got into MMA properly the only major fighters I'd heard of were Rampage, Wanderlei and Chuck.

Hypothetically!! A vote is taken among everyone in the world who has viewed at least 5 MMA Events. They are asked to name their all time favorite fighter. Who's name do you think comes up the most? Again! Not asking you who your favorite is. I'm asking who you think would win that vote.

There are a lot of possibilities.

I say GSP with Brock, Fedor, Chuck, and Wandy not far behind. As 2-5 in any order.

What say you?

Yao Ming by way of 1billion votes from China.

Just from hearing my friends talk. Its easily Chuck and GSP, Anderson right behind

People who don't even know what the UFC is know who Chuck Liddell is.

Randy might be up there as well, since he has had a stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

People who don't even know what the UFC is know who Chuck Liddell is.

Randy might be up there as well, since he has had a stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

I'd think Randy was more well known for The Expendables than Dancing with the Stars.

All fighters have haters no matter what, but Wand in his prime had very few haters. In fact the people that hated Wand are probably just Rampage fans, other than that I don't see too many of them around. Nowadays however is a totally different story for Wand, it's funny how easy fans can turn on fighters.

I said at least. Basically what i was trying to say is anyone who has even the slightest clue. But not ppl who have no idea and would say Rampage or Ronda cuz they saw them in commercials and movies an they are the only ones they could name. Or ppl who watched one or two PPVs in UFCs super heyday just for the main event cuz their buddy urged them too. (That happened a lot when it was only 45$ and at least 3 fights where pretty big/important.)
Yes but at least means that they could have watched only 5 to qualify. It would be much more interesting if you asked people who has watched pretty much every UFC, PRIDE, WEC etc. who their favorite fighter is.

Back