Most people suck

When I think everyone is an asshole, I usually have to question whether I'm actually the asshole.

Idk. I find strangers are generally very nice to me. And on the odd occasion when they're aren't I just assume they're having a bad day, and that's okay, and I let it slide.

Maybe you're one of those people that thinks they're being nice but actually comes at people with a tone of attitude (that you don't realize) so you're rubbing everyone the wrong way? Or maybe you live in area with a lot of shitty assholes /: idk man.

That's a good attitude. I used to think the same as TS and think the world was full of assholes. But when you become a positive person who look for positive things, it seems the world changes. Before, I was probably going out of my way to look for more evidence to fit my narrative of people being shitty. I'm sure I don't encounter any less shittier people, but a lot of it doesn't register anymore. I just go about my day. If someone is a dick, I just go, "oh that's too bad" and I move on.

TS, if you don't give concrete examples of how they are rude, it's hard to tell if we would agree that those people were actually rude or if you're just overly sensitive. Esp with your migraine, you might have veen or become a bit too sensitive.

I feel like i can look at someone and just know, yep, they're a POS. Doesn't matter age, gender, race etc either people just suck.

I take it personal when people are rude to me, which i guess is my fault and i shouldn't let it get to me.

So basically you're an overly sensitive person with a delusion of clairvoyance?

If you wanna hate people take a job in the restaurant business for a year.

Some people are such worthless pieces of shit it isnt even funny.

Love one another. Be kind to one another. Encourage one another. Speak words of life, not death, to one another. It's not easy, but it's not hard.

I've found that people that firmly believe the majority of people they encounter suck, are usually pretentious douche bags. Their head is stuck so far up their own ass that they don't even realize that they are in fact, the actual douche.

If you meet an asshole during your day, then you met an asshole that day.

If you meet assholes all day long......you're the asshole.

A lot of people are assholes, and a lot of people are just miserable and either don't know how to suppress it, are worn out from suppressing it, or don't bother to around random strangers they don't give a shit about.

Ingroups and outgroups, a concept as old as humanity. In a world this crowded, most of us are in outgroups to one another. That basically means we consider randoms we run into throughout the day to be part of a different tribe.

Generally speaking people don't give a fuck about people they don't consider to be a part of their group.

A lot of people are lashing out at TS/OP in absurd, irrelevant ways. This is because what he is saying bothers them in the back of their minds, makes them feel uncomfortable.

1. "Maybe YOU are duh REAL a-hole, AHOLE!!" That's not his point, you totally missed it (on purpose). Maybe he comes off as antisocial/unfriendly or doesn't, that's not what he's complaining about, and it's irrelevant. He's complaining not about people's individual type or level of social skills or even pleasantness, just their obvious intentions, as demonstrated objectively by their actions, what they go out of their way to do.

There are actions that don't benefit themselves even from a rational selfish psychopathic viewpoint but they do it anyway. You can tell when someone is A. conscientiously holding back (like TS), B. not holding back but just going with the flow (understandable), or C. burning precious energy to be a utter dick for no gain.

Wayyy too many people are in the C category these days because society is raising (encouraging/no longer discouraging) a bunch of hyper-narcissistic, wobbling cunts. It's the default mode, as we can clearly see illustrated by the majority of everyday interactions. This was not the case 20 years ago, I can tell you that. It was legal to get your ass kicked back then, and people minded that

2. "TS didn't have a bad day, some guy in WWI had a bad day!" Also as far from the point as you could comfortably distract yourselves. He was not complaining about his having a bad day. That is not even a side subject. People hear a sentence and don't even have the courtesy to put what is said in context (even for an informal, easy going, non-controversial topic), and then backlash against the first unrelated thought that comes to mind and the person who didn't actually state it. You're only helping confirm the theory, sorry to say. Pointless attacks against someone just trying to shoot the breeze and give random musings.

You are correct, TS, and I cordially welcome you to hell

Like one thing my Dad taught me when i was young was be cool to people in public, respectful and such.

Do you then go all Ted Bundy behind closed doors?

I work in a hospital where everyone wants to be first and bitch about everything.
Stop complaining.

It's probably true. All I know is yesterday I was in a fucking terrible place, asked a guy for a cigarette outside a pub and he ended up talking to me for half an hour and gave me a packet of cigarettes and 20 quid. I didn't ask for it and tried to give it back, but he insisted that it was only money and told me to go have a couple of drinks or some take away food or "Whatever's going to make you feel better, I don't care what you spend it on." He had nothing to gain from the interraction.

Random acts of kindness have always made up for it in a way for me. If most people are shit, there's still more amazing people than any of us could ever meet.

Most people are gaping fucking assholes. Im surprised it took you so long to realise this irrefutable fact of life.

It really is getting worse. They try and get you at work, and everybody is a nerd who mistakes kindness for weakness. I think things were better when cool people were actually cool. Maybe nerds were nerds for a reason, maybe they were bitter and mean and cool people were just keeping them in check so they didn't make everybody miserable. I miss cool people running stuff. Changed around the late 90s. The weak, angry, and bitter now form groups and suck the life out of a majority of workplaces, and even social functions. Sad.

Keep being friendly TS, fight the good fight. There are others out there.

Last edited:
Most *Americans* suck.

People in Europe are fine. Except the toothless English, of course. And Russians.

gifkistalinnarasstrelgif621932.gif

You deliver ice. Probably melted half the time too. Why should anyone give a fuck about you?

TS don't go to Walmart, I unfortunately have to endure Wally World visits now and then with the wife, I always leave that store appalled for one reason or another.

I agree being nice and courteous should be a given, but seems like people get so wrapped up in their own lives and BS that they have very narrow perception of what goes on around them, sad if you ask me.

I hate puny humans, they make my saiyan blood boil

Back